What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A mate give me this Rockshore lager. It tastes like someone added a homeopathic dose of DME to sparkling water.
Cmrke9m.jpg

2nd of the night, (had a belgian abbey after my cycle home from work) is @matt76 us pale ale.

Pours well, good head that lasts half the glass. A really strong aroma on pouring of citrus/melon?? Not a hop I'm familiar with so had to look at the recipe, probably the centennial dry hop? Taste is malty initially though the hop aroma masks this and gives way to a lovely citrus aftertaste.

For me, and I'm picking holes it could perhaps be a little less dry so it leaves more on the tastebuds. Can't remember what the fg was?

You said you thought your ipa was better, well if it's better than this I'm looking forward to it.

Overall, if I was served this in a pub I would drink it again, it's not mind blowing, but it's perfectly drinkable and then some. 👍
20200801_195103.jpg
20200801_195103.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight I'm drinking my first ever AG beer.
An American IPA, it's really crisp, with a nice punchy but light citrus aftertaste.

I've had a few bottles already, but I've left it conditioning for a couple of weeks now.. and it's really good.

Attachments

• IMG_20200801_211332759.jpg
    IMG_20200801_211332759.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 50
@matt76 'get even' ipa for my 3rd of the night. These are hops I can recognise.

Pours well, head that lasts again till 1/2 way down the glass. Well carbed, just right I'd say. Not too gassy. Bit of chill haze.

Not as much aroma as the pale, fruity but not overpowering.

Tastes very familiar to ipa's you get off the shelf, you can certainly get the simcoe, it's bitter, but to the style and although is quite a shock to the tastebuds at first sip, quickly fades.

This is very nice and again if someone got me one of these in a pub I'd have it again. Very nice.

Attachments

• 20200801_205126.jpg
    20200801_205126.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 44
Went down the boozer with the Mrs this afternoon, had four pints of Bateman's XXXB from their first batch since lockdown. Oh, how I have missed you, my old friend. It was excellent.

Home now, having a pint(s) of my Kolsch a like. I forsee a drunk JJSH and disapproving looks from the Mrs. acheers.

gvxwNSd.jpg

Golden ale bottled a week ago. I used k97 yeast and it's being slow to clear, as expected unfortunately.
That was the first of the evening, onto the third now and it's still not clear :0

Mate of mine brought this one back from home, very nice traditional style bitter that you dont get very often these days, reminds me of an otter. Really nice.

Attachments

• 20200801_223110.jpg
    20200801_223110.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back