What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of doing a bitter or a brown ale and dry hopping it.. just looking in to it. No beer for me tonight, this covid 19 belly is not good 🤣

I dry hop brown ale and it’s quite nice but there is a challenge in that brown ale needs a bit of conditioning and the benefits of dry hopping fade quite quickly. Give it a go though if it’s grabbing your interest.

A nice bitter, fairly low alcohol at around 4% and without dry hopping is quite refreshing and is really easy drinking so a welcome change, also ready to drink almost out of the fermenter 😉

I dry hop brown ale and it’s quite nice but there is a challenge in that brown ale needs a bit of conditioning and the benefits of dry hopping fade quite quickly. Give it a go though if it’s grabbing your interest.

A nice bitter, fairly low alcohol at around 4% and without dry hopping is quite refreshing and is really easy drinking so a welcome change, also ready to drink almost out of the fermenter 😉
I had a brown ale hopped with Amirillo from brew by numbers and it was absolutely devine, total game changer. I feel an experiment coming on 😃 I'm thinking of getting something ready for winter so plenty of conditioning time 👍 what hops do you tend to use?

I’ve not had a glass of wine since Christmas but for some reason I fancy one tonight. Fortunately I have many bottles of wine in almost every style. Decided on one of my favourites - full bodied, thick, luscious, fruity, and mouth-watering. Wife wants one too, luckily I have more ;)

0660CF75-80FE-4D69-9BF3-2D35B368644E.jpeg

9EB63249-90C9-42E2-B948-8D84C7560060.jpeg

Well I was right about my lager. Bo evidence of diacetyl from the bottle conditioned one.

I had a brown ale hopped with Amirillo from brew by numbers and it was absolutely devine, total game changer. I feel an experiment coming on 😃 I'm thinking of getting something ready for winter so plenty of conditioning time 👍 what hops do you tend to use?

Use hops with descriptors you like the sound of. For me, Phoenix and Bramling Cross work but also Simcoe and even Mosaic.

Picked up a couple of bottles from the supermarket in the way home from a long day on the road.

First up is a Leffe Ruby. Can anyone tell me what style this is.......... so I can avoid it in the future? :laugh8: Fruit. In beer.

Easy drinking bitter. It’s nice but I’m still not sure about Bramling Cross - in this bitter at least. The new batch in my fermenter uses Fuggles and I’ve made some changes to the grain bill too so interested to see how that comes out

View attachment 30339
I am a big fan of fuggles with ekg and challenger, that looks a lovely pint athumb..

You could try bulk conditioning before dry hopping?

Poperings Hommelbier as part of my holiday Belgian mixed case accompanied by Michael Jackson's classic tome. Always like an educational project 😁

Very impressed. Much sweeter than I expected with a big golden syrup character and orangey fruit. Neither the 7.5% or 40 IBUs are immediately obvious but the palate is dry with a lovely, distinct hoppy flavour. Heady but not hot with alcohol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back