What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1596823674395.png
:laugh8: reminds me of a holiday I had years ago in Coniston, it went down quicker than the Bluebird

After 2 days solid brewing,and cleaning relaxing outside in the beer garden with a lovely swift half

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_220218.jpg
    IMG_20200807_220218.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 60
Neipa by Stewart Brewing from Lidl. 5.3% 440ml, £1.79. 32 IBUs Galaxy/Amarillo

Stupendous stink of pineapple and grapefruit, taste hoppy but like a really raw dry hop that masks anything else. I got that rawness with Punk IPA. Then the follow up bitterness was quite harsh and I didn't like it. Exactly the same as when you bit a bit off a hop pellet to try and guage its taste.

After the first hit I stopped being able to taste the harshness so strongly and got ok with the bitterness. I'm still not going wow but I would get another one to see what I can get from it.

Score is hard because it's not a dull and I sort of feel I'm in the wrong for not getting it. But anyway - smell 10/10, overall 4/10. I can imagine me giving it 8/10 at some future date.

Neipa by Stewart Brewing from Lidl. 5.3% 440ml, £1.79. 32 IBUs Galaxy/Amarillo

Stupendous stink of pineapple and grapefruit, taste hoppy but like a really raw dry hop that masks anything else. I got that rawness with Punk IPA. Then the follow up bitterness was quite harsh and I didn't like it. Exactly the same as when you bit a bit off a hop pellet to try and guage its taste.

After the first hit I stopped being able to taste the harshness so strongly and got ok with the bitterness. I'm still not going wow but I would get another one to see what I can get from it.

Score is hard because it's not a dull and I sort of feel I'm in the wrong for not getting it. But anyway - smell 10/10, overall 4/10. I can imagine me giving it 8/10 at some future date.
Amarillo i use very often, lovely orange aroma, but add to malt forward beers and compliments great. I had an alcohol free beer from Thornbridge yesterday, called zero 5 personally though it was terrible, full of hop bite but no malt character, even a bit sweetness might of made a nicer taste

Tonight I am drinking a Zombie Dust, not through choice, I would rather be drinking one of my English beers, but I need more bottles for my English beers.
001.JPG

1B4EDD7C-2D37-41C2-96BC-500652D401B5.jpeg
Bath Ale Dark Side Stout (4%)

Yes it’s 10:30 in the morning but this is my first pint outside the house since March couldn't be bothered to cook breakfast so decided to go out, and decided since they are starving alcohol I might as well. It’s a chain cafe so sadly no cask ale, but kegged Dark Side is still rather good. Strong flavour from the roasted barley, very smooth very drinkable. Though tempted I will just stick to the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back