What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on the cardamom saison. Kegged my “Goofie” saison this morning so have an empty FV and just now had a delivery of ingredients for my first ever home brewed Dunkel - perfect timing and my brew-day for tomorrow sorted!

D985156F-B331-4A4F-BE7E-08E9A05E2B48.jpeg

😆
Hang in there, only another 38 to go!

Fortunately I only make 5l batches at the moment.

Or is that unfortunately? I do keep running out!

Anyway, chocolate rum stout all bottled. Time to try out my weizenbock.
IMG_20200516_133117.jpg

Edit - Looks like chocolate milk, tastes creamy, a bit tart, with a hint of chocolate. Smooth bitterness. Alcohol ever so slightly warm. Could use a couple more weeks conditioning. This is going to be a dangerous drink.

Last edited:
It's a mixed bag. Two of my brews weren't so good and drinking 20l of bad beer would have been a chore. Then there's the really good ones which I wish I had more of, or just come into their own on the last bottle.

Now I've been brewing for just over a year I think I've got enough experience to upgrade my stove top set up to an all in one beast. Once the world is back to normal I'll splurge some money on one of those.

Edit - Oops forgot the quote. This weizenbock is sneaky! Wait, why can't I quote?!

Just packaged my Vienna ipa and having a cheeky sample while I wait for the trial jar to warm up to check the FG.
Brewed just eleven days ago it's showing promise. Could have done with a bit more carbonation though.
20200516_150655.jpg

I tried a bottle of this last night and its a cracker, glad i have one for tonight as well.

Black Sheep Milk Stout 500Ml 4.4% Alcohol By Volume

Product Description

• Beer
  • A silky, creamy stout packing notes of chocolate, vanilla and coffee. Brewed with lactose and a robust malt blend, this milk stout offers a satisfying sweetness that cuts against a light bitterness, brought together through an irresistible velvet texture.
  • Creamy, rich & dark
  • Pack size: 500ML

1589642529795.png

black sheep stout is delicious i always order it when i find it in pubs up north.

Lemon and lime witbier. It’s ok, nothing special but a pleasant quaffable beer with a bit of character that can be drunk in volume in the sunny garden. I do sort of wish I’d made a Pilsner though on that brewday which was nearly the plan!

Attachments

• DFF7CECD-39F1-4379-A19D-C97AC71E15BE.jpeg
    DFF7CECD-39F1-4379-A19D-C97AC71E15BE.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back