What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20200516_180156_889.jpg

Haha I was drinking and brewing yesterday. Started cooling my brew and realised I'd missed the final 5 min addition of hops! Chucked it in as a whirlpool addition instead, it'll still be beer.

well in that case, im kicking off the evening with a pale ale that @samale sent me.

looks like a pale ale right out of the bottle has a slight haze and is quite bubbly.

i get a strong lemon lime aroma right initially. with a hints of spice, pine and floral. as it warms up the i get light sweet roll and malt.

at first sip its very light bodied and quite bubbly. then a strong piney hop flavor with a heavy bitterness that lingers for a while. very little in the way of malt, its there but at 4% its definitely in the background i would imagine there is very little crystal malt in there and is probably just pale ale malt or pilsner. it does raise its hand at the end saying notice me. yeast is a very clean one, and i dont notice it at all.

this is a solid easy drinking pale ale with a hoppy kick. i could easily drink 2 or 3 pints of this at a pub stop in the middle of a long bike ride. quite refreshing, solid job samale!

he said there is sorachi ace in this which i have never had. i am trying to pick it out and think thats whats giving it the unique piney floral taste. the description is on the tip of my tongue but i cant seem to place it right now.

edit: dill! just did some research on sorachi ace and thats exactly it. its very light though and you have to search for it.

20200517_124114.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back