What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 26140
My Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild (5.4%) clone

Slightly sweet but really nice malty flavour, this remains one of my favourite beers. Have the ingredients for another batch arriving Monday (assuming no issues with UPS)

The look of the beer and your description put me in mind of hobgoblin.

I'm drinking the second bottle of @samale's coconut porter and it's really lovely. Smooth creamy coconut with just a hint of chocolate acheers.
xwcGuYP.jpg

Quick neipa before cleaning up.
The aroma and flavour are there or there abouts, but just lacking that really big hop intensity
20200517_183323.jpg

@samale another interesting thing I noticed while drinking this, I think when I did the original review I mentioned a slickness on the palate and an oily sheen on the surface which I suspected came from the coconut oils. Well I just spotted a small layer of oil on the surface which you might be able to see in the picture below. It's not an issue, just interesting, I don't think I've ever seen that before but it would certainly account for the lack of head.
lhnwib1.jpg

I tried a bottle of this last night and its a cracker, glad i have one for tonight as well.

Black Sheep Milk Stout 500Ml 4.4% Alcohol By Volume

Product Description

• Beer
  • A silky, creamy stout packing notes of chocolate, vanilla and coffee. Brewed with lactose and a robust malt blend, this milk stout offers a satisfying sweetness that cuts against a light bitterness, brought together through an irresistible velvet texture.
  • Creamy, rich & dark
  • Pack size: 500ML

View attachment 26071
Their chocolate orange stout is lovely too.

I'm drinking the second bottle of @samale's coconut porter and it's really lovely. Smooth creamy coconut with just a hint of chocolate acheers.
xwcGuYP.jpg
That looks nice. Unfortunately I have been working all day while you lot have been pinting😓😓
The next attempt I will try drying out the coconut more in the oven hopefully it will help with head retention 👍

Last edited:
@Pennine
I just checked the recipe it was a bit of a mixed bag
2.5kg pilsner
800g redx
500g Munich
200g crystal 20

15g of each @ 15 mins
35g @ flameout
50g each dry hop at 10 day
Short 30min boil
Yeast Pia

The flameout hops are added to my cube to chill overnight normally at 80 degrees and they stay in until I transfer to the fermentor the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back