What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20200525_183220.jpg

Time for Pilgrims Hope...

Berliner Pilsner for me.

I bought a box of German beers given that stocks of my own ready-to-drink beer are low. This Berliner was the joker in the pack so I thought I’d dispose of it quickly!

View attachment 26346

View attachment 26347
Bottles said to the glass “you want some?!”, glass said “yes please!” Lol! That’s the first thing I thought when I saw the first picture! Hahaha! Very good 👏

After a day at work followed by some traditional bank holiday jobs (mowing the lawn, erecting a gazebo) I am celebrating with a couple of pints of my Mystery Tor clone athumb.. Happy Bank Holiday to you all, cheers :beer1:
IMG_20200525_194653.jpg

Try the Sea Fury, the only pint for me from Sharps. Draft or even mini-keg is sooo much better than bottles.
Hands down their best beer is Sharps ‘Special’ which you occasionally find on cask in the odd free house. The Harbourside in Charlestown used to have a beer engine dedicated to the stuff 😍

Reactions: HSD
They renamed the Special to Sea Fury, I was quite put out for a while. asad.
Pretty certain it’s a different beer, the same as how ‘Hicks’ is allegedly HSD now but completely pants compared with how it tasted a few years ago

Pretty certain it’s a different beer, the same as how ‘Hicks’ is allegedly HSD now but completely pants compared with how it tasted a few years ago

No, it’s the same. It changed name a while ago. I used to get a fairly regular delivery of the Sharps Special then it suddenly disappeared from their beers. I rang Duncan who worked in the shop at Sharps to ask what was going on and he told me they’d had a rebrand.

No, it’s the same. It changed name a while ago. I used to get a fairly regular delivery of the Sharps Special then it suddenly disappeared from their beers. I rang Duncan who worked in the shop at Sharps to ask what was going on and he told me they’d had a rebrand.

Fair enough then! Must be the way that Doombar ended up then- decent pint in a cask but the bottled stuff brewed outside of cornwall is completely different 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: HSD
View attachment 26500
Fell into my bag at the Co-op... absolutely delicious...
That happens to me all the time. There you are, walking along, minding your own business, picking up a few things for the Mrs and before you know it several bottles of beer have jumped, uninvited, into your trolley. I always feel a bit sorry for them so I don't put them back.

It really is a hardship...in fact because of the stress you have suffered I'm going to open another beer just to calm my nerves....and put the BBQ on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back