What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only ever tried dark beers from De Molen before and this is a bit dissappointing. Bottled last August so maybe not surprising.
Shocked to see they put a 2 year BB date on it though ashock1
yeah they are hit or miss with the light stuff. their stouts are amazing though have one of their 15% ones in the fridge.

yeah they are hit or miss with the light stuff. their stouts are amazing though have one of their 15% ones in the fridge.
Nice. I've always been impressed with the dark beers
acheers.

Is it to early to start drinking a whisky barrel imperial stout? Nagh!

Brewed this with kveik, about three weeks in keg with oak chunks soaked in highland Park and it's so good. If your after a quick turnaround impy. Kveik is awesome.
DSC_2099.JPG

I'm tucking into my second pint of my Totally Tropical Pale (James Morton recipe), that I brewed in the first week of lockdown. I had to slightly alter the recipe, substituting Sultana hops for Mosaic, but it is a very nice drink. I thought that I had poured some yeast in the first pint, but then I realised it was hop haze, (270g of American hops) with a slight pineapple aroma from the Sultana.

rps20200508_182135.jpg

First of the day. Halfway through a 1week old Saison. Tastes more like a young lager to me. Though no head retention yet it's beginning to carb up nicely and pleased with the colour. Very easy drinking for upwards of 7%.
There's just a hint of peppery spice to it, so promising so far.

Cheers :smallcheers:

My Kolsch. Carb levels bang on after getting the last brew wrong. Reasonable head retention, clarity not just all that great but as I am unable to cold condition I guess I am not getting the yeast to stick at the bottom. It was clear until I poured it.

The fruity character is developing as it goes on, first one was quite lager like, this one is migrating towards more of a pale ale type flavour

20200508_195111.jpg

ESB with DIY crystal malt. Still a bit too young, though you'd think it wasn't because you can see each of the lasers in that torch. Pale, 9% DIY crysta, 2.2% wheat, 0.7% chocolate wheat for a bit of colour. Target for bittering and hops picked from the river + Liberty Bell. I think it's going to be pretty fair dinkum in a few weeks.

Going to have ONE more to check, that that's all. Because I've got 4 other beers and wine.

20200501_010120.jpg

A bottle of Old Peculier then

1588965911454.png

one of these to start i wish i had read the review before buying . :laugh8:

Poured clear pale gold with a small frothy white head. Aroma of malt, straw, flowers, caramel biscuit and light citrus. Moderate sweetness and body. Flowery finish. Only fair.

1588965771803.png

ESB with DIY crystal malt. Still a bit too young, though you'd think it wasn't because you can see each of the lasers in that torch. Pale, 9% DIY crysta, 2.2% wheat, 0.7% chocolate wheat for a bit of colour. Target for bittering and hops picked from the river + Liberty Bell. I think it's going to be pretty fair dinkum in a few weeks.

Going to have ONE more to check, that that's all. Because I've got 4 other beers and wine.

View attachment 25613
Drunkula, you deserve to be expelled from this forum with that glass....

....Beer looks good though, an ESB is next on my to-brew list.

2016 vintage Perry from a mate at HB club.
I did a yard of perry once at the ale fest because it wasn't selling so the exec thought sod it, let's have a laugh and just brought it down to me. It was like being sick in reverse. Acidic, sour, brackish bilge. I actually gagged, first time I'd not done a yard in one and somebody in the crowd went "Disappointing." I can still hear it. It was disappointing. I can't even look my own yard glass in the eye.

I did a yard of perry once at the ale fest because it wasn't selling so the exec thought sod it, let's have a laugh and just brought it down to me. It was like being sick in reverse. Acidic, sour, brackish bilge. I actually gagged, first time I'd not done a yard in one and somebody in the crowd went "Disappointing." I can still hear it. It was disappointing. I can't even look my own yard glass in the eye.
😀😀😀

Just opened another Kolsch, got half a glass out it, since the other half flowed at quite a rate out he top of the bottle once opened.... marvelous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back