What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah fair enough, it's a slightly roasty dark Belgian ale and it says something like "old fisherman's ale" on the bottle, I wondered if yours was similar. Oh and it's also one of the best beers in the world acheers.

This is the recipe if your interested, I brewed it in january and haven't written down where I got it from. 10l brew.

2kg maris otter
200g special b
80g crystal
80g caramalt
60g flaked barley
60g choc malt

12g centennial at 60
200g brown sugar and protofloc at 10.

Pitched at 20c us05.

This is the recipe if your interested, I brewed it in january and haven't written down where I got it from. 10l brew.

2kg maris otter
200g special b
80g crystal
80g caramalt
60g flaked barley
60g choc malt

12g centennial at 60
200g brown sugar and protofloc at 10.

Pitched at 20c us05.
You know what, swap the yeast for something Belgian and it isn't a million miles away, although I'm guessing yours isn't 10% abv?

I have a roasty dark ale but it’s not Belgians, it’s mine! ;)

View attachment 26309
Slow it down lad, didn't you just say your stocks were running low :laugh8: Maybe if you upgraded your mash tun/boiler to one of these you could keep up with demand:
fOHExmX.png

0033AB0A-8977-4D41-8ABE-E24668EA4B0B.jpeg
I‘m done with work till Wednesday so starting off with Wilko Lighthouse Keeper Pale Ale. Its a week older and I don’t think its going to improve it’s still a drinkable session pale though.

I'm seeing off last night's left over San Miguel...while my stocks mature...oh the things I go through.
Still,it's hot and I've been run ragged today...my car in for service and mot,Mrs Clint's car had a screw in one tyre which I didn't pull out incase it went flat,and another tyre had a low pressure warning...turned out that the screw came out without a puncture but the other had a nail in that needed a repair...I've been lumping stuff from her shop to home and been to the allotment..twice.
It is officially Beer O'clock.
Oh..AND I done the supermarket shop..
AND been to the garden centre for cabbage netting..

Wilko artisan IPA apparently feeling hoppy? Not hoppy enough in my opinion still not bad
Sounds like the Wilko Lighthouse Keeper not bad but the retail price of £16 for a one can kit is far too high for what it is. Purchased the kit in question when Amex was doing a £10 cash back on a £40 shop (bought a Wherry kit and some razor blades at the same time) but wouldn’t pay £16 again for it.

Sounds like the Wilko Lighthouse Keeper not bad but the retail price of £16 for a one can kit is far too high for what it is. Purchased the kit in question when Amex was doing a £10 cash back on a £40 shop (bought a Wherry kit and some razor blades at the same time) but wouldn’t pay £16 again for it.
Same here my wilko feeling hoppy ipa was £16 sure there's better options out there

As my homebrew is not ready yet .. got in from work and cracked open a John Smith's extra smooth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back