What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty pleased with this. AG25 Tribute Tribute. Been in a PB 2 whole days so it's still a little sweet but carbing up ok. Lacing is just like a cask pint. This is one goddamn smooth beer brewed with yeast from St Austell Proper Job.
rps20200525_232513.jpg

Sweet nectar 😋

My sweet stout is now 8 weeks conditioned and over the last couple of weeks the sweetness has been backing off a little. It’s still sweet but there’s a little black treacle creeping in. Shame I’ll have finished it in the next two or three days.

D7081CA8-7A6B-4970-BDB3-425F75AA5585.jpeg

IMG_20200526_210449997.jpg
The beer fairies are taking the **** at the min how did this beer turn out this colour with a grain bill of Maris otter, light Munich and caramunich 1.

Sea Fury is proper fighting juice! Creeps up in you.
Up, out and all over you, dangerously drinkable. We used to call Hicks by the proper name High Speed Diesel/Death, not as it was or might be me, still a decent pint but doesn't travel and best draught. Tailgate Peanut Butter stout tonight which is very weird, I can't decide if its genius in a glass or the jism of satan.

I too got into the doldrums and battled through the Hb drought...I'm treading water now and instead of buying a lot of cheap beer to get me through I've managed with a less amount of nicer ones...get brewing!

I had to chuck out a couple of mini kegs of Wilko Lighthouse after deciding I was delusional about it being drinkable, so just have my Ruby Mild which while nice is a bit strong to be a session beer, and want to give the batch I bottled a couple,of weeks ago another few weeks to mature. The batch in the fermentor won’t be ready till next month. So will be on commercial beer this week. It’s the one good thing about lock down having so many breweries doing delivery.

Could you divulge Cheshire..?
Clint do you mean my Tribute recipe or where to buy nutty slack? The former is
20 litres
4200g MO
200g Munich light
200g Carapils
100g Torrefied wheat
60 minutes mash 66C
35g Challenger at 60 minutes
25g Willamette 15 minutes
1 Protofloc tablet 15 minutes
Yeast Safale S-04
OG 1047
FG 1010
ABV 4.8%

Well I bought 36 bottles and 24 cans from hawkshead brewery after I found out they sacked a lot of employees instead of putting them on furlough (don't know if this is totally true) but that's the rumours.... I'll not be supporting them anymore, I loved stopping off at there taproom in stavely after a long walk in the lake District 😤
IMG_20200527_131050223_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back