What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One for the Tribute fans. This is a first full pint of my Tribute Tribute with genuine St Austell yeast, which really adds a fruity heart to the beer. A bit darker than it should've been as I mixed up L° with SRM in my conversion to EBC.

rps20200529_184701.jpg

Bottoms up! :smallcheers:

Next brew is currently mashing, no idea what style this one is going to be, it's a sort of Red Lager with Hallertau Blanc hops. :confused.:

Opened a second bottle of brew #1 and its still ****. Got depressed. Drank some Butcombe Original. Tried to be patient. Failed. Opened a bottle of brew #2 (a Cascade SMaSH) which is still priming let alone conditioning to see if it was awful as well. Good news is it much much better. Still think I have bodged the priming a bit but the beer underneath shows really promise.

Mandarina Bavaria Single Hop Ale pitched 4 April with MJ Liberty Bell yeast. Added some home made marmalade for added interest.

This, thinking about it, is a pure "lock-down" beer since I got sent to WFH circa 18 March.

As others have observed, 100g of this hop is not going to be a "hop-bomb" in 25L brews, but it is a very nice tasting and flavoursome beer. Disturbingly quaff-able at up around 5.5%.

I am starting of tonight with @Pennine farmhouse ale. The details are on his brew thread where he bakes the mash. This is a very interesting style. The beer pours a lovely ruby red with a nice soft white head, carbonation is spot on.
This is a 6.9% abv beer but it doesn't taste like it. It has nice sweat Carmel flavour, the bitterness is well judged.
I have nothing to compare this beer to but from reading online I was expecting a real big malt monster. This is actually very well balanced beer. Well done and thank you for sharing👍
View attachment 26713
I also have one of these to look forward to acheers.

One for the Tribute fans. This is a first full pint of my Tribute Tribute with genuine St Austell yeast, which really adds a fruity heart to the beer. A bit darker than it should've been as I mixed up L° with SRM in my conversion to EBC.

View attachment 26717

Bottoms up! :smallcheers:

Next brew is currently mashing, no idea what style this one is going to be, it's a sort of Red Lager with Hallertau Blanc hops. :confused.:

I've never used the St Austell strain but I've read it's quite clean. It's fruity you say?

Booze cruise was a success. Took an orange soda and vodka on our walk to the pub and then back again, about 5-6 miles in total. Then a couple of these before dinner.
IMG_20200529_185016.jpg

Wifey has now retired to bed.... I'd best go check on her.

I am starting of tonight with @Pennine farmhouse ale. The details are on his brew thread where he bakes the mash. This is a very interesting style. The beer pours a lovely ruby red with a nice soft white head, carbonation is spot on.
This is a 6.9% abv beer but it doesn't taste like it. It has nice sweat Carmel flavour, the bitterness is well judged.
I have nothing to compare this beer to but from reading online I was expecting a real big malt monster. This is actually very well balanced beer. Well done and thank you for sharing👍
View attachment 26713
glad you liked it, its definitely on the sweeter caramel side versus malty, probably has to do with the sugar i added. i also think flyer hops give a really nice toffee caramel accent. seems like it paired together really well. the one thing i feel like is missing is a unique yeast character for this one. the question is which way to go british, belgian or french?

A couple of Cooper's Canadian Blondes from the batch I'm trying to get rid of for me (actually it's not too bad with a slice of lemon). Happy Friday all🍻

I've never used the St Austell strain but I've read it's quite clean. It's fruity you say?
Seems to be fruity so far. Although with only one week in the barrel there's still plenty of sweetness from the carbonation sugar which may fade and take the fruitiness with it. I pitched plenty of yeast so wasn't expecting too many esters. Aroma hops are Tettnang, so I may be picking up some floral with the sweetness. Tastes good so far, a cracking yeast

Seems to be fruity so far. Although with only one week in the barrel there's still plenty of sweetness from the carbonation sugar which may fade and take the fruitiness with it. I pitched plenty of yeast so wasn't expecting too many esters. Aroma hops are Tettnang, so I may be picking up some floral with the sweetness. Tastes good so far, a cracking yeast

Might have to have a go at culturing it up and see for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back