What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did go to the moon but only to find its a hollow alien base - that's why we haven't been back for over 50 years. True story wink...
It's even more impressive that HG Wells predicted that 70 years before we got there!

Started today by testing a cider I brewed about 18 months ago. I’m surprised that it still tastes fresh and fruity after all this time. I bottled it with the intention of serving it cold and fizzy and 18 months on the carbonation is off the charts - went off like Alka-Setlzer! Even at the end of the pint it’s still fizzing away, tiny bubbles like champagne. It was a LoveBrewing Apple cider kit, the only kit I still make.

3251FD7A-BA72-4975-9A9C-101C753CF373.jpeg

Half way around an 8 mile hike, had this "Almost All Together" brewed by a mate at chainhouse brewing, if you know the all together meaning (hundreds of breweries around the world did the same brew with profits going to covid19 charities) he called it almost all together because the brew supplier sent the wrong yeast so he brewed it with a kholsch yeast and it turned out really nice, in my opinion better than north brews and northern monks version
IMG_20200531_123907683.jpg

Having a nice crisp, non-distracting lager while I scour over brew notes to try to work out if it was just the new/different malt responsible for yesterday's super high brew house efficiency 🤔

20200531_151536.jpg

HopHead Imperial IPA 7.8% wink..., a BYO magazine recipe. 2 weeks in the keg, probably the clearest ever beer i've pulled from the keg just after 2 weeks, no finings used. Very nice, it's one of the "i've nailed it" days..

thumbnail_IMG_0069.jpg

A couple of bottles of Proper Job for me today. I'm just on the first one now.

Got a couple packs elvis juice in as was shopping today so that's going down well,also got some st.peters ruby red ale there that's just about ready now and got a coopers irish stout to bottle tomorow that'll free the fv up for a o.t.r cider kit iv got in,really nice weather for it aswell.

just bottled up my mozart pale ale, about 6 days early but it was tasting great and the sulfur was gone. i didnt want the dry hops sitting for too long. it had a faint pepperoni pizza aroma, though especially as i was cleaning out the fermenter. hmmmm?

anyway onto a bottle of my mosaic red ale.

Caledonian Deuchers IPA Clone

It’s turned out rather well think it needs a few more weeks to fully condition (it’s had three weeks) it’s smooth with no off flavours, but will give it another couple,of weeks before opening the next one.

Last edited:
B261BA2F-B31C-49DA-A70E-52564D80D7BC.jpeg

Siren Grand Designs Imperial Red Ale (8.2%)

Why do some of the nicest beers have to be so damm strong this is a sweet malty beer that goes down far to easily. Probably for the best that I only have the one can.

Last edited:
Have you a recipe for the Deuchars please?
Hi it’s the Graham Wheeler recipe, while I have had the beer in question in a pub in a small village in Scotland unfortunately given the sheer volume of it I had (plus a fair amount of whisky) I recall little with regards to the flavour, so can’t say if it is close to the original but it seems a decent beer.

Well I've finished sun bathing and snoozing in the garden,been faffing round down her shop and been a watering....
Time for a cold one...

Backyard IPA. Nice but not as interesting as their Chinook version.

Attachments

• 20200531_181122.jpg
    20200531_181122.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back