What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D’you know what it’s called?
Ale.jpg
This is the one mate, really nice.

First of my elderflower wine, racked this off at 1.010 and carbed in a pet for a week. The rest is in demi johns to ferment out clear. In your face floral kick,not too sweet with decent fizz.
IMG_20200605_202546999.jpg
IMG_20200605_202546999.jpg

First of the night for me is a chocolate and vanilla stout very kindly sent to me by @pilgrimhudd .
The beer pours with a small tan head. Carbonation is light which for me is spot on. Aroma you get a big hit of chocolate first with a light vanilla and a nice sweetness.
First taste you get a big hit from the vanilla which lasts on the pallet with chocolate coming up behind.
I let the beer warm up and the flavours blended a lot more which made it even more enjoyable. I have had a few commercial stouts with different flavours added. Pecan and peanut butter being a few which to be honest I wasn't a fan of but that's probably down to personal taste.
I really enjoyed this beer and it's a really interesting drink.
I know this was your first attempt at this style and a very good one at that. The only thing I would change would be to go easier on the vanilla so that it plays more with the other flavours but again that could be down to my personal taste.
Thank you for sharing 🍻🍻

First of the night for me is a chocolate and vanilla stout very kindly sent to me by @pilgrimhudd .
The beer pours with a small tan head. Carbonation is light which for me is spot on. Aroma you get a big hit of chocolate first with a light vanilla and a nice sweetness.
First taste you get a big hit from the vanilla which lasts on the pallet with chocolate coming up behind.
I let the beer warm up and the flavours blended a lot more which made it even more enjoyable. I have had a few commercial stouts with different flavours added. Pecan and peanut butter being a few which to be honest I wasn't a fan of but that's probably down to personal taste.
I really enjoyed this beer and it's a really interesting drink.
I know this was your first attempt at this style and a very good one at that. The only thing I would change would be to go easier on the vanilla so that it plays more with the other flavours but again that could be down to my personal taste.
Thank you for sharing 🍻🍻

Nice one, glad your enjoying it, thanks for the kind write up. Interestingly I don't seem to pick up the vanilla so much but I suppose we all have different tastes. Such a shame that your's didn't make it.

Nice one, glad your enjoying it, thanks for the kind write up. Interestingly I don't seem to pick up the vanilla so much but I suppose we all have different tastes. Such a shame that your's didn't make it.
With it being a new taste for me I found the vanilla dominant. Probably like a hoppy IPA the more you drink of them the less the hops have an effect on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back