What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure pils, pilsner malt, Tettnang, w34/70, 13 days since pitching and it’s 👌

fermented at ale temps under pressure
B508412F-25B7-4844-A4C3-2E27AFDF0343.jpeg

629083B0-31F1-49C6-8EBB-7140BF294962.jpeg
Gun Brewery Dunkelweisse

Not bad, has good flavour and while not the greatest example of the style it’s still very drinkable.

I've moved onto a Cassis

Inspired by this post to try my first bottle of Homebrew cassis. Year old pseudo-lambic from my turbid mash batch, it had about 6 months of fermentation then 6 months on 300g of frozen blackcurrants for 5 litres, then a month in the bottle. Pretty sour with some good fruit flavour towards the end and a puckeringly dry finish. Not bad but not very complex.

Attachments

• F93FECF0-DFDA-48E6-B1A1-1CCF3D56C8D9.jpeg
    F93FECF0-DFDA-48E6-B1A1-1CCF3D56C8D9.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 76
Gun Brewery Barley Wine (10%)

A fairly classic barley wine, it’s thick sweet and you can taste the alcohol, overall a pleasant example of the style.

Brass Castle Yorkshire Lavender 4%

I bought this one purely out of curiosity, and it actually works. You can smell the lavender in this and the taste is distinctive. I wouldn’t want a keg of this but as a one off it is something a bit different.

Brass Castle Yorkshire Lavender 4%

I bought this one purely out of curiosity, and it actually works. You can smell the lavender in this and the taste is distinctive. I wouldn’t want a keg of this but as a one off it is something a bit different.
Sounds interesting

I'm drinking a Hofmeister lager (follow the bear) that my missus found in her cleavage, must have been there since the 80's.............Only joking, supping my MJ Juicy session IPA at the moment but started the day on a AG double hopped APA, maybe another after that and maybe one more before? happy weekend all.

I'm drinking a Hofmeister lager (follow the bear) that my missus found in her cleavage, must have been there since the 80's.............Only joking, supping my MJ Juicy session IPA at the moment but started the day on a AG double hopped APA, maybe another after that and maybe one more before? happy weekend all.

Had me going for a moment there! 😂

0D5AA9AD-9E37-4A51-9EE5-8483A1DCCE75.jpeg
Not the greatest photo but Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild Clone

Nicely carbed and after six weeks of conditioning the residual sweetness is largely gone, the alcohol flavour is a little more pronounced than I would like, but overall I am happy with this batch.

And the verdict...?
Solid, nice bitterness from FWH and lots of orange notes, went three ways, yeast with orange hints, hops and 2 types of peel, and slight malty taste from carapils. could say five and a half days and it's drinkable, will leave it for a few more days now, see if it clears a bit, fermentation was cloudier than normal.

Family came to visit and have just gone home - absolutely gutted, I love them and miss them all sooo much!

On the bright side I’ve drunk a few pints of my own ale and downed a few pints from a range of breweries. Brewdog has the lions share of my interest today with Elvis and Punk featuring strongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back