What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm polishing off a bottle of red wine tonight. Needed finishing.

In the late 80's Newcastle Brown was my go to beer where the cask Bateman's was either not available or of dubious quality. As I was a young un, that meant I was often in clubs and bars where that was the case so I've supped a lot of the stuff over the years. Despite what Heineken claim, I had one recently and it's nothing like it used to be in my opinion. Sam Smith's Nut brown or Maxim's Double Maxim are much more akin to how I remember Newkie.
Looks like I have to try those 2 beers funny cos was looking at Sam smiths mixed case only yesterday acheers.

Nowt last night, nowt tonight.

Getting this week's dry days out the way before the weather starts hotting up.

Total torture with all this good beer on show.

Oak Aged Imperial Vanilla Stout from Sweden.
This was 45 minutes of pure slow-sipping pleasure. Eye-wateringly expensive but worth every penny and I may have to go back for another couple. (One for me and one for
Swedish beer.jpg
my daughter)

Managed to pick up a box of 12 brewdog hazy Jane's first time iv had a Neipa and it's really nice. Just ordered some brew supply's got 6 kits in total 2 bulldog kits the rajas reward and the Cortez gold also 4 coopers kits 2 stout 1 aus pale and a Canadian blonde so that's my summer sorted.also bought 96 bottles as you do and dme,dextrose and brewing sugar too boot 😎

Their India Ale is worth a try as well if you like English IPA's. And their Imperial Stout. And Taddy Porter. athumb..
Been on a mission today to find the Sam smiths beers and now just got back from a trip out clutching taddy porter, nut brown and pale ale now in the fridge chilling like I will be later when I crack them open acheers.

Never heard of these - but looks like they have a good mix of beers, and free delivery over £25!
Let us know what you think
acheers.

Look what arrived today - yay!

67DBD5E7-D431-4E26-B8DD-F13B8DE9C771.jpeg

In no particular order I picked up the American Pale. 4.2%, pale and wheat, hops are mosaic, centennial, and citra.

E10CD3E8-D44E-4DBB-A31B-B9CE054EB8BE.jpeg

The first thing to say is that I like the glass, clean simple shape and the logo is similarly simple but elegant.

Cracking open the can there is a big hit of fruit on the nose. It pours effervescent and with quite a big white airy head. The head and punchy aroma don’t last a long time in the glass. Flavour is fruity with a pithy backbite, bitterness is not strong, mouthfeel is *really* soft, aftertaste is light bitterness and pithy orange. In the bottom of the glass - my disappointment that it’s all gone!! Time for another...

Looks a nice selection to get through.

Enjoying the last few bottles of my first brew (muntons american style ipa) 3 weeks + in the bottle and surprisingly good.

Just tried my ‘The Range’ lager I brewed earlier in the year.
I’d kegged it but had been unable to chill it down to a sensible level.
I’ve managed to fire up my keezer even though it’s not finished so I thought I’d try what is left of the lager.
Awesome, it’s now what I’d consider to be a ‘proper’ lager.

..... currently on my fifth this evening 👍
152319AC-9119-4631-A09E-6D4E377A2F6A.jpeg

Just tried my ‘The Range’ lager I brewed earlier in the year.
I’d kegged it but had been unable to chill it down to a sensible level.
I’ve managed to fire up my keezer even though it’s not finished so I thought I’d try what is left of the lager.
Awesome, it’s now what I’d consider to be a ‘proper’ lager.

..... currently on my fifth this evening 👍View attachment 28114

Easily done ;) I’m only on my fourth but my last was 8% and I’m starting to feel it! 🥴

Just put my Brut IPA at 1°C as it's finished fermenting, it started at 1.060 (I brewed it to 20L instead of 18L) but added 1kg of DME not 600g and it's finished at 1.006, 7.1% ABV it should have been 6.5% ABV, so if I'm talking Sh1t next week (I know, how can you tell) that's the reason :laugh8:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back