What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another night with no beer for me, as I'm on the road tomorrow early doors to do a site visit in Stockton. So it's green tea with jasmine.

IMG_20200630_202500.jpg

Had some of my ddh pale with food but the keg is coming to an end so a DIPA from Polly's whilst I plan my next brew. Not the best beer I have had from them. The alcohol taste is too strong and masking the hops.

Attachments

• 20200630_201650.jpg
    20200630_201650.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 96
First all grain effort, a pale malt and fuggles SMASH. Ended up at 5.8% so it's a bit of a strange one but not half bad.

One week in FV during the hot weather and 4 days in the bottle:

View attachment 28493
My first AG effort featured Fuggles, though it wasn't a SMaSH as there was a healthy dose of dark crystal in there too. I loved that first batch, it was so wonderful sampling it over 4 weeks and experiencing the changing malt and hop flavours as it conditioned. My choice of fuggles was entirely random at the time, yet it is now one of my soul-food hops. I know it'll be a mellow and enjoyable brew if Fuggles features.

The first of the beer52 beers is this Lost + Found 2.8% session IPA and its really rather good. Tons of hop flavour, would be a great summer quencher, but just a little thin for my taste despite having 6 different malts in it.
NuUIuJ1.jpg

Tonight I’m drinking a mix of brewed and bought beers. Just finished bottling some pale ale as part of a mega-swap and for competitions. This is a pint of the 4-day conditioned pale ale - flavour isn’t bad actually for such a young beer.

74B0BB24-3640-40EE-9D98-F6CB13E156FF.jpeg

Still out of homebrew, although I packaged 19L of my house brown ale and 19L of my CML Pia yeast Kolsch experiment today, so after they have naturally carbed up and conditioned a bit I should be back on the homebrew in 2-3 weeks.

So tonight, I've brought bottles of Timmy Taylor's Landlord, McEwen's Champion and Shipyard IPA.

Taster session:
Tribute Tribute (just for the yeast 😉), Not red lager (is improving),
Dunkelweizen (young and delightful), and now a Saison (because it's Thursday)
rps20200702_204725.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back