What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Beer52 beer, a pilsner from a Croatian brewery. I actually really enjoyed this one, a lovely noble hop aroma and a delicate, slightly sweet pils malt flavour.
HcDP10i.jpg

I have 2 kg of rye ordered to try again. The last one I used 1kg in 20 litres, I never got much out of it flavour wise. Adds to the body and head retention
I used 17% of Crisp Rye and I could taste it at the end but not as strong as I have had it in commercial versions. Maybe the hop choice masks it a little.

Old Hooky - Nice
Marstons Pedigree which was a swap by Morrisons, not so great, I used to love Pedigree many years ago but they shafted it along with draught Bass

Many brews this evening, ending on some vintage Bully and a pint of All Together (maybe sneak another 😁)

What has happened to Magic Rock???
I know this is only £2.50 a can in Tesco but this one is shockingly *****... from the BB date it looks like it was canned in March.... the aroma is all stale veg and it has a nasty harsh flavour.
Used to be a great beer 😥
View attachment 28447
last one I had was fine, I regularly get some in 🤔 from morrisons though in the 330 size

On another beer now from @dan125, this time a 6.4% NEIPA.

A hazy soft lemon-caramel colour. The aroma is quite similar to the IPA, maybe a little more sweet - pineapple? There’s a little less bitterness perhaps than the Vienna IPA and a touch more zest In the flavour.

Another nice beer and one I would happily drink much more of, especially as this one is gone ;)

View attachment 28754
athumb..
Colour doesn't look too bad - was a bit worried how that one would hold up after 2 months in the bottle

The colour was actually a little brighter than in the photo. I’m not sure how much better it could have been because I don’t have a fresh bottle to compare it to yet ;).
Just finalising today's NEIPA recipe now - just can't decide on the hops. Think I'll open some bags and use what smells best.

And another test beer, my Stranda Kveik IPA. Fermented in two days at 32°C, dry hopped 5, then bottled for a week. Had some weird rubber smells from the yeast but they're all gone now. Could do with another week or so conditioning but I'm very pleased with this one. Very tropical, I'll be making a NEIPA with this yeast next week.
IMG_20200705_120314.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back