What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was up at 5 bottling my elderflower champagne and making sour dough all morning so it's not THAT early really... Right?

On that basis, what kept you?😂
I'm catching up alright!

On to my last weizenbock, I need the bottle for next week's new and improved version.
IMG_20200705_130423.jpg
Nothing below 6% today 🤪

OK. Pumped and psyc’d, feeling ready...

@dan125 ‘s 6.5% Citra/Mosaic IPA. Again nicely carbonated, the off white head quickly dissipates but the fizz of the bubbles on the tongue remains. The aroma is a nice blend of citrus and sweet mango - hmmm! Quite assertive, but nice, bitterness and no astringency. Very juicy and mouthwatering, this isn’t going to last 25 minutes.

1AC8850E-9C76-418A-BDE8-690522D416EC.jpeg

Still working on it. It's going to be all sorachi ace hops 200g.
What's your take on Sorachi Ace? I've got a Sorachi Ace red rye IPA planned in a few weeks time but I've never used them before.

Calming thing down a little with my first English bitter. I brewed this at 4.4% for friends and relatives that might fear a 7% IPA - either because of the strength or because the flavours/ bitterness are not to their taste.

It is quite calming at 4.4% and flavoured with Bramling Cross. Just look how creamy that head is from a keg ;)

EC9228E0-40B6-4F32-89B5-A0CB5728FC07.jpeg

I'm going to miss this beer. I've never had a commercial weizenbock so I have no comparison for it, but it's my favourite homebrew so far. View attachment 28780
There's been a lot of weizenbocks on the forum recently, and like you I've never tasted a commercial version but was very pleasantly surprised when I brewed one. Very interesting and unusual beer, and a welcome change from hoppy pale beers.

Just had a new release by Garage v whiplash an ipa contains Sabro , am I the only one who thinks that this hop is similar to coconut scented suntan oil. I’m not a fan. I’m sure it takes great skill to get this from the hop but... please explain what I’m missing.

There's been a lot of weizenbocks on the forum recently, and like you I've never tasted a commercial version but was very pleasantly surprised when I brewed one. Very interesting and unusual beer, and a welcome change from hoppy pale beers.
You know what, I'm finding myself more and more drawn towards the strong, dark and malty beers. Every hoppy beer I've had recently has seemed samey, and a bit disappointing.

I've brewed a few aswell and they've been OK but... There's just something amazing about these strong malty beers.

I'm still brewing a NEIPA next week though.... I've never tried to brew one so I need to do it.

You know what, I'm finding myself more and more drawn towards the strong, dark and malty beers. Every hoppy beer I've had recently has seemed samey, and a bit disappointing.

I've brewed a few aswell and they've been OK but... There's just something amazing about these strong malty beers.

Then you need to try this beer, a really beautiful malty beer.

0EF298CF-4ED8-4586-B5D5-DC21936EB7D4.jpeg

Just had a new release by Garage v whiplash an ipa contains Sabro , am I the only one who thinks that this hop is similar to coconut scented suntan oil. I’m not a fan. I’m sure it takes great skill to get this from the hop but... please explain what I’m missing.
thats a bit disapointing was gonna give it a shot soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back