What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. maybe the chinook helped the spicy rye thing along.
15% was exactly 1kg in this batch funnily enough.
I noticed that there is quite a bit of variation in colour (and maybe flavour) in the rye from different malsters, which may make a difference??? I used Crisp rye.
I'll defo send you a bottle when I rebrew. I'm thinking simcoe and chinook next time.

Sounds good Dan, put it in next months swap box ;)

Interesting. maybe the chinook helped the spicy rye thing along.
15% was exactly 1kg in this batch funnily enough.
I noticed that there is quite a bit of variation in colour (and maybe flavour) in the rye from different malsters, which may make a difference??? I used Crisp rye.
I'll defo send you a bottle when I rebrew. I'm thinking simcoe and chinook next time.
Rye, chinook and simcoe is my next ipa. Haven’t brewed an ipa in some time so will be interesting to see how it goes

which year samichlaus? - I loved the 2012 the 2015 was not as good.

translated: 5yr old was better than 3yr old. It is quite a thought provoking beer whatever the age though.

translocation of the translation: absolutely get a few in but not a whole crate as a) it's not that type of beer & b) you'll end up penniless 😉
2019 unfortunately so I'll probably be aging it for a few years... Probably.

Then again I could buy another one on my next order and have one young and one aged

Saison! 7.2% Delicious!

Recipe 23l, 25EBU
Pilsner malt 4.75kg, Wheat malt 500g, Munich 200g, Caramunich1 100g.
Mash 60mins @65c, Boil 75mins
Fuggles 35g 75mins, EKG 20g 10 mins, Styrian Goldings 20g 10 mins.
Yeast WY3711

Enjoy!
IMG_20200707_201403354.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back