What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoppy juice from verdant and only 3.8% just tastes like there regular dipa's... Lovely jubbly 🍻
IMG_20200709_164235407.jpg

And a chocolate rum stout to finish the pre weekend drinking. Would want to get too squiffy...

Another MJ AuPA but in a new glass.

AuPA.jpg

Tried my MJ Stout last night and it was nice, in the kegerator in bottles at the mo' chilling but putting it somewhere dark and cool at the weekend as I have a bet with the other half that this won't last until October/November (she may win).

5l batch
900g Maris Otter
200g wheat
100g carared

1g Chinook @60 mins
3g Chinook @10
5g El Dorado @10
5g Mosaic @5

US West Coast yeast

Ferment for 2 weeks and transfer to secondary vessel with 2 pureed mangoes for another week. Then dry hop with 2g Chinook, 10g El Dorado, and 10g Mosaic for a week, and 100g hibiscus for 3 days.

That was the planned recipe anyway, I had an explosion when some of the mango clogged the airlock so I lost quite a bit and had to add more mango. I'm not entirely sure how it would have turned out originally, but the end result is good enough for me. I'd maybe add another mango to get the flavour coming through more, but I'm not sure how much I lost.
5l batch
900g Maris Otter
200g wheat
100g carared

1g Chinook @60 mins
3g Chinook @10
5g El Dorado @10
5g Mosaic @5

US West Coast yeast

Ferment for 2 weeks and transfer to secondary vessel with 2 pureed mangoes for another week. Then dry hop with 2g Chinook, 10g El Dorado, and 10g Mosaic for a week, and 100g hibiscus for 3 days.

That was the planned recipe anyway, I had an explosion when some of the mango clogged the airlock so I lost quite a bit and had to add more mango. I'm not entirely sure how it would have turned out originally, but the end result is good enough for me. I'd maybe add another mango to get the flavour coming through more, but I'm not sure how much I lost.
Looks the business many thanks 👍🏻🍻

5F4F4606-9100-48C8-B2BA-AFF5F8C935A0.jpeg
Caledonian Deuchers Clone (4.5%)

I have this in a 5L mini keg, and haven’t bothered to refrigerate, thankfully though weather has being a bit cooler this week, after a few weeks of drinking beers ice cold I’ve forgotten how good a beer can be at warmer temperature, lovely soft carbonation, hop flavour is largely aromatic with a bit of bitterness. Makes me look forward to the autumn when I can expect my beer to be reliably at ‘celler’ temperature in my utility room.

Tonight Matthew, I'll be drinking a bottle of Wolf Rock by Sharp's.
IMG_20200709_193625.jpg

I thought I'd buy it because I've never tried it before. To be honest, it's a bit meh :confused.:.

I think I'll have to follow it up with my Guinness clone or some dark lager (pilsner with a small addition of crystal).

Looks the business many thanks 👍🏻🍻
That's what I had today - minus the mango and hibiscus. The original beer smelled so good fermenting before the extra additions that I had to try it again without them. Both are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back