What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight Matthew, I'll be drinking a bottle of Wolf Rock by Sharp's.
View attachment 29057

I thought I'd buy it because I've never tried it before. To be honest, it's a bit meh :confused.:.

I think I'll have to follow it up with my Guinness clone or some dark lager (pilsner with a small addition of crystal).

Their Sea Fury is a beautiful ale but even there try the mini-keg rather than bottles.

Reactions: NPi
This is something I always wanted to know. Is keg beer superior to bottled beer. What is the difference
I find beer so much nicer from my cornie, tastes fresh longer from no oxygen, uv damage and not sat on the yeast. You can also control the carbonation

This is something I always wanted to know. Is keg beer superior to bottled beer. What is the difference

I should say the difference you “experience” is that the kegged beer is perceived as being more flavoursome, having more body, and is softer/smoother.

Maybe if you get the carbonation right in the bottle the difference is less marked?

I should say the difference you “experience” is that the kegged beer is perceived as being more flavoursome, having more body, and is softer/smoother.

Maybe if you get the carbonation right in the bottle the difference is less marked?
I am on the hunt for a chest freezer or larder fridge to build a kegerator. Slim pickings where I live.

Obscure..the Deuchars...a favourite of mine!
Could I pinch your recipe please?
It’s basically the Wheeler recipie though scaled to 11L

1.7KG Maris Otter
110g light crystal
70g wheat
Mash at 68 degrees (recipe calls for 90 minutes but I have seen no adverse impact of mashing for 60 minutes)

32g Fuggles (60 minute) original recipie is a 90 minute boil slightly Increased the hops and reduced the boil time no discernible impact between batches)
10g Styrian Golding 10 minutes

Yeast wise I used S-04.

Just found a Trillium clone in the shed amongst the porters.... Happy days 😃 thought I'd supped it all
IMG_20200709_205722707.jpg

Lme dextrose comet Columbus some liquid kveik and a nice beer to send me to bed

Attachments

• 15943283863096693806105091014632.jpg
    15943283863096693806105091014632.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 91
Bag Seeds Lantern Rouge Red Ale (6.3%)

I bought this as a mini keg a few weeks ago, as I couldn’t finish it over the week end I transferred it to a half size corny keg, rather than let it go to waste. I think it has actually improved with a couple,of,weeks in a keg, the flavour has mellowed out, it was also a tad murky but has fully cleared a pleasant beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back