What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEE928BD-AF82-4886-B8AA-9D04AA9F0254.jpeg
Bristol Beer Factory Milk Stout (4.6%)

Smooth and creamy, strong flavour from the roasted barley, but with a sweet finish, it’s lovely.

This Irish stout from my Beer52 box. This is really bloody good. I love a big stout (this one's 6.3%) but I find they often go a little heavy on the bitter/roasty flavours but not this one. It's perhaps a touch sweet for a dry stout, but very drinkable.
h2tjQuC.jpg

A progress taster of my "Horners 999" barley wine - about 16 weeks conditioning in bulk. Plan being to bottle at some point soon as need the keg. Will gift some 330ml at Christmas along with face masks, soaps and candles that Missus has been making and garden chilli chutney - harvest permitting. The beer is now very smooth and earlier hot alcohol flavours have dissipated. Dangerously drinkable and I'm sure another 5 months and this will be right up there.
20200710_221648.jpg

Last edited:
A progress taster of my "Horners 999" barley wine - about 16 weeks conditioning in bulk. Plan being to bottle at some point soon as need the keg. Will gift some 330ml at Christmas along with face masks, soaps and candles that Missus has been making and garden chilli chutney - harvest permitting. The beer is now very smooth and earlier hot alcohol flavours have dissipated. Dangerously drinkable and I'm sure another 5 months and this will be right up there.View attachment 29116
That looks bloody lovely

A progress taster of my "Horners 999" barley wine - about 16 weeks conditioning in bulk. Plan being to bottle at some point soon as need the keg. Will gift some 330ml at Christmas along with face masks, soaps and candles that Missus has been making and garden chilli chutney - harvest permitting. The beer is now very smooth and earlier hot alcohol flavours have dissipated. Dangerously drinkable and I'm sure another 5 months and this will be right up there.View attachment 29116

Sounds like a contender for the October comp?athumb..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back