What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like life...
I've had a couple of my first Kveik beers...still hazy..but I like it...so good...full on juice..bitter..soft...
Then I try my Cheshire cat Tribute .....crystal clear,super hops and subtle malt...you could tip it straight down your neck!

Early taste after 8 days in barrel for my second Youngs Scottish heavy, pimped this time with light spray malt and dry hopping with East Kent Goldings.
Tastes promising - nice to have an alternative to bottled lager, also just filled another barrel with a Bulldog IPA.
IMG_20200729_184214581.jpg

Rye ale from @dave_77.

Good strong carbonation when I cracked the bottle giving a good head on the pour. Quite a murky appearance but not in a bad way, kind of like liquid toffee.

The aroma is malt and rye, it’s really nice and reminds me a little of the malt extract my mum gave me to build up my puny ass as a child - I loved it! I can also smell the hops resinous and spicy.

Flavour is beautiful, all the things described in the aroma malt, pepper, spic, a little fruitiness but indistinct so more of an impression than a flavour. The flavours are also reminiscent of a really nice tea (but more) if that makes sense to anyone?

Nice bitterness, quite mild while drinking, stronger at the end, not lingering or building particularly. No astringency.

I still have a little foam on the beer at the end of the pint and really enjoyed it.

I should have said the beer is 5.8%. It doesn’t taste strong but does taste flavourful.

Another good one Dave, I love it athumb..

View attachment 30104
👍😁 Cheers for the feedback and glad you liked it. I have enjoyed it and it's the first Rye IPA that I have brewed and pondered for a while about how much Rye to add, settled on 17% of Crisp malted Rye in the end.

Had a Thatchers Gold in the late afternoon sun followed by a Love and Hate. Plenty of homebrew in the fridge for later!

Pre yeast all day. The post looks like soup. Is there a big difference in taste.
Not in taste as such, its still as zesty and fruity, but with the yeast it has a lovely silky, creamy mouthfeel. It has wheat malt and oats in it, I think the oats kill the head a little bit though. My Belgian has a lovely rocky head that lasts.

More of the first kviek pale...this is very assuringly....knocking the back out of it!!
I loved the APA i brewed with Kveik Voss, done in 5 days and drank in about the same time ;) I have a couple more left to try and will be doing an AG next week, I need to order a couple more cornies tho'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back