What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is a tasty brew & well worth checking out. The Offies around here keep a good stock of that & the Scraggy Bay.
I have a little independent offie nearby which usually has a good few local beers, I'll have a look for it tomorrow thumb.

Nice to see a positive review for this kit, I have one which I keep on meaning to make up (plan to do with a bag of LME, though probably won’t bother with dry hopping. I’m hoping it will prove a nice session ale.
To be honest I think this kit is one of those which is best brewed as per instructiion, I don't know what I was thinking
dry hopping it - it's original appeal to me was it's simple malty bitterness.
Maybe a bit premature to judge - time will tell !

Lawnmower lager earlier after work (Master Pint European Pilsener straight out of the fridge ! )
IMG_20200730_191230739.jpg

Last edited:
My first ever pilsner. It tastes of nothing, like a pilsner should, but there's this sort of milkness going on a bit like I get with wheat beers. It's alright but I'm in no rush to do it again. It's far from offensive, far from good.

It's been kegged and lagering at 0.7c for 23 days. It's had its chance. I've finished kegs of bitter that are hitting something special at 2 weeks. I'd go - ooohhh, this would have been lovely if I weren't such an un-self-controlled alcoholic maniac. I must remember not to start drinking it immediately after I pitch the yeast.

I brewed it with mostly with rain water because I don't have diverse ozymandias. For all the wehhh-wehhh crowd it's ok - I captured it in a lead barrel I made from the lead from a church roof and chanelled it in with a set of pipes from the organ. I'm sure the sacred nature of the materials kept it pure.

Actually I've let it warm up and the very last sip very much reminded me of the smell you get from urinal cakes. I'm bumping it up one to a 6/10!

My first ever pilsner. It tastes of nothing, like a pilsner should, but there's this sort of milkness going on a bit like I get with wheat beers. It's alright but I'm in no rush to do it again. It's far from offensive, far from good.

It's been kegged and lagering at 0.7c for 23 days. It's had its chance. I've finished kegs of bitter that are hitting something special at 2 weeks. I'd go - ooohhh, this would have been lovely if I weren't such an un-self-controlled alcoholic maniac. I must remember not to start drinking it immediately after I pitch the yeast.

I brewed it with mostly with rain water because I don't have diverse ozymandias. For all the wehhh-wehhh crowd it's ok - I captured it in a lead barrel I made from the lead from a church roof and chanelled it in with a set of pipes from the organ. I'm sure the sacred nature of the materials kept it pure.

Actually I've let it warm up and the very last sip very much reminded me of the smell you get from urinal cakes. I'm bumping it up one to a 6/10!
you can get away with a lot when brewing pilsners but skipping the diverse ozymandias is definitely not one of them.

Isn’t “plenty of cold drinks“ to keep cool and hydrated the NHS heatwave advice. Sounds like you have permission from an authoritative source there🤔😂
While part of me feels like a drink is the only way to get through the four hour video call I have today, unfortunately I think I’m going to have to refrain roll on 4 o’clock.

I'm going to make a valiant effort to finish off the last few dozen bottles of Coopers Innkeeper's Daughter this evening to make room for all the AG stuff that I can't seem to stop brewing at the moment.

There's about four gallons of the stuff left...ah well, better get started! 😄

Camping in church stretton. Glad I booked the weather. Anyway it's the sun has passed the yard arm, so it's time to crack open the IPA. Well I am on my hols. Vocation Life & Death. Quite citrussy. Think it was from Lidl.
IMG_20200731_124122832_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back