What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next up for me is this. Very nice and certainly tropical, but cheating a little because it has "tropical fruit concentrate" in the ingredients.
Bq2iHlf.jpg
This may be a little controversial as I know some people love Tiny Rebel but I think they are one of the worst breweries out there at the minute :laugh8: my other half ordered me a mixed case last year and nearly all of it was undrinkable. As you say its all artificial the flavour. Most of them went down the drain:hat:

This may be a little controversial as I know some people love Tiny Rebel but I think they are one of the worst breweries out there at the minute :laugh8: my other half ordered me a mixed case last year and nearly all of it was undrinkable. As you say its all artificial the flavour. Most of them went down the drain:hat:

Their Club Tropicana is a guilty pleasure for me, like an alco-pop!

View attachment 30207
Just trying it myself. Jury is out. Not a great beer at all but I am not picking up sour. Very little roast and way too thin. Coconut is very slight
that's interesting that yours is not sour wonder if it was a bottle issue? or it could have been the warm in transit period. I don't think you would miss it if you had some from the bottle I had, it was very apparent. do you cold store all your bottles?

Last edited:
that's interesting that yours is not sour wonder if it was a bottle issue? or it could have been the warm in transit period. I don't think you would miss it if you had some from the bottle I had, it was very apparent. do you cold store all your bottles?
I store them in my garage which is cool even in the summer. Probably around 15 degrees. When you say sour are you talking the same level as Brett sour

I store them in my garage which is cool even in the summer. Probably around 15 degrees. When you say sour are you talking the same level as Brett sour
I am not sure about brett sour, I don't have a lot of experience with it. it wasn't as sour as a rodenbach but much more than an orval. it also was not an acetic or vinegar flavor but more a lactic or kettle sour. I have soured a belgian dubbel recently from the yeast cake of that German porter and it is similar to that level of tart. so it makes me think it happened in your fermenter. have you used Brett recently in a batch?

I am not sure about brett sour, I don't have a lot of experience with it. it wasn't as sour as a rodenbach but much more than an orval. it also was not an acetic or vinegar flavor but more a lactic or kettle sour. I have soured a belgian dubbel recently from the yeast cake of that German porter and it is similar to that level of tart. so it makes me think it happened in your fermenter. have you used Brett recently in a batch?
Brett doesn't usually add much sourness, maybe just a bit of a tang which suggests to me that a lacto infection is more likely. If lucky it'll only be a bottle issue.

D5F35AD9-9E7E-4230-82D7-660D89870C98.jpeg
Whiplash Reckoner (6.3%)

I misread the can and was thinking to myself this is really nice for a 2.8% beer, right up until I realised I had misread the can it was 2.8 units not 2.8% it’s still a rather nice beer if a little stronger than expected.

Back from the pub and back on the Oslo Kviek lager-like. Got a picture of this one before it got guzzled.
1596299489390740473826318609503.jpg

Super sticky yeast aswell, I poured the whole bottle without it moving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back