What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after drinking @Pennine imperial stout last week which was brilliant. I decided to see if I could get a sample of the winning beer brewed by @dalecek.
This is a strong scotch ale, aged with bourbon just over 7% abv
It pours a deep red nearly brown in colour. Well carbonated with a Lovely white head.
Aroma is sweet Carmel, dark fruit, slight alcohol. This tastes great, nice body with low bitterness. Great malt flavour with a slightly smokey after taste.
This is a lovely beer and it was a pleasure to drink. I would be well proud if I made this.
I have now sampled the top 3 Beers of the dark month competition. All three beers were very different in style and all well made. Steve dubbel was slightly damaged in transit which meant I didn't get the perfect beer that was intended.
Great standard I am really looking forward to judging the next dark month competition.
Thanks again @dalecek for sending me the beer. I will return the favour once my beer is ready 👍
IMG_20200802_173314823_HDR.jpg

Bottles of miller (my guilty pleasure).
My smoked imp stout.
And a lovely bottle of mosaic and Simcoe IPA that was sent to me by @samale

Trying to enjoy today before the 7 hours of childminding, followed by 7 hours of work kickstart at 7:30am 🤦‍♂️
Given I have a fondness for Coors Light I’m in no position to judge (although only when it’s hot)

Miller is pretty hard to get around these parts ATM. I read something about millerCoors possibly rebranding the beer. Seems an odd move, considering it's been around 165 years.

This Hobgoblin IPA is brewed less than 20 miles from me, I much prefer it out of a bottle. Handily the shop in the next village does them for 3 for a fiver so I always pick up a few when i'm passing.

IMG_20200802_195141364.jpg

Last edited:
Saison was last night. This was lunchtime. I’ll go bankrupt if I drink Mikkeller for a week even in Denmark, and it’s been a hot day of sightseeing so curling up with a cold six pack of Tuborg tonight.

Attachments

• 910A6961-C58C-4136-B573-01DC87B95466.jpeg
    910A6961-C58C-4136-B573-01DC87B95466.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 114
Lager from my keg. Been a few days since I had some, it is still tainted with diacetyl I'd say but it has calmed down lot over the last week.

Beavertown Neck Oil. Much lauded IPA, it's a not from me. Much prefer a more fruity juicy IPA or American Pale Ale. Neck Oil just reminds me of the old style IPA of a few years ago that convinced me I didnt like IPA.

Next up, my own bottled IPA and bottle conditioned version of the above lager which should in theory be diacetyl free

Enjoyed a fine variety of South West ales over the last two weeks while in Cornwall, including those from St. Austell, Sharps, Keltek, Exmoor and Harbour. Sadly I never made it to sample any freshly brewed Verdant.

A couple of days traveling and visiting the in-laws and now it's good to be back testing the homebrew.

As it's now the done thing... Saison!
Oh, my! This is now really good.

P.S. it poured really clear but I couldn't bring myself to waste any so it is now a little cloudy, hence no photo.

Enjoyed a fine variety of South West ales over the last two weeks while in Cornwall, including those from St. Austell, Sharps, Keltek, Exmoor and Harbour. Sadly I never made it to sample any freshly brewed Verdant.

A couple of days traveling and visiting the in-laws and now it's good to be back testing the homebrew.

As it's now the done thing... Saison!
Oh, my! This is now really good.

P.S. it poured really clear but I couldn't bring myself to waste any so it is now a little cloudy, hence no photo.
You’ll have to mail order some Verdant to redeem yourself!

well away from home so a store bought Saison! think I need to make an hour drive down to Belgium and get an official Saison! sampler from the belgian goodness warehouse.

20200803_205651.jpg

Easy drinking bitter. It’s nice but I’m still not sure about Bramling Cross - in this bitter at least. The new batch in my fermenter uses Fuggles and I’ve made some changes to the grain bill too so interested to see how that comes out

View attachment 30339
I'm thinking of doing a bitter or a brown ale and dry hopping it.. just looking in to it. No beer for me tonight, this covid 19 belly is not good 🤣

I'm thinking of doing a bitter or a brown ale and dry hopping it.. just looking in to it. No beer for me tonight, this covid 19 belly is not good 🤣
I wish I could say you where alone in that unfortunately a tad too much week day drinking, and not enough weekday exercise took its toll.

so for me tonight a cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back