What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following one of my own with one I bought. Definitely Citra, so distinctive and I like it. A good sized can too at 568ml - bravo!

09BDA50E-04DA-4F72-A909-531CD9ECAAEA.jpeg

Drinking my first bottle of my first ever AG brew, the PET bottle in fact, this is the GW recipe for Old Hooky. Bottled 23rd June, not sure as it is particularly close to the original, I do have some in the house to compare but it is a very nice drink. This was made with SO4 and I have a comparison brew made the same except with WLP002, so we shall see if I can tell the difference tomorrow night when I will have all three :)

When in Denmark........

Humle presumably means “hop” and to be honest it doesn’t taste any more bitter or crisp than the original, it’s actually closer to an unfiltered german Helles than a Pilsner which it’s supposed to be. It is unfiltered and that does seem to give it a bit more character. Honestly though the Carlsberg in Denmark is pretty tasty and absolutely streets ahead of the brewed under license UK version (and I don’t think that is that bad!)

Attachments

• 3592BDE2-1198-467F-8518-17C58388815B.jpeg
    3592BDE2-1198-467F-8518-17C58388815B.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 56
Beer delivery! Thought I'd try some from the local craft brewery to see if they're any good, and to support a local business. Also they do 660ml bomber bottles which is my favourite for bottling 👍🏼

Got a pale, an IPA, and a NEIPA from Maule brewery.
IMG_20200807_181357.jpg
IMG_20200807_181428.jpg

I'll save these for tomorrow, homebrew Oslo lager tonight.

Really interested to try this Polly kveik beer as I happen to have a hoppy kveik in the fv at the mo.
Lovely ripe fruit juicy aroma and flavour up front with a slightly tart/sharp finish.
Very morish. Yum
20200807_185954.jpg

That looks very nice dan, still seriously humid here, have a slight feeling tomorrow morning will be a bit rough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back