What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DD823663-2A67-4ACC-8AF2-9109EA01C6EC.jpeg
Right 2nd & final beer , probably. Comes from Kings county brewing collective . Fantastic hazy juice monster with enough centennial to make you wonder ? Pineapple orange body big mouth feel. If I brewed this I would be happy. 3 weeks in the can so fairly fresh for a New York USA brew. Artwork on the can is great but the beer is fantastic. This would be amazing on tap.

My kolsh made from fruit n fibre. When you drink it first you get a fairly nice, slightly sweet and almost milky flavour that I associate with Cobra but then a few seconds later it goes wrong and you get iron filings. I've mentioned it elsewhere but while brewing this I listened to a brewstrong podcast about adjuncts and Palmer said that fortified grains will oxidise faster and the Fruit n Fibre has lots of iron.

I'm not writing the experiment off as a failure and I'm still going to force people into tasting it to see what they say and then see if they can taste the iron, but yeah, I'll be looking more at into possible pitfalls like that when doing the "will-it-beer" experiments.

It's not really terrible and probably better than 80% of kits I've done and a lot better than a lot of pub pints, but I'm finding that as you become better at making and tasting beer the further you push yourself into a corner.

Last edited:
A bottle of McEwans Champion @7.3 followed by my Honey Blonde ale. I have never had the Champion before as I am reluctant to drink stronger beers but thought I would eventually try it

Thankfully not vinegar. The grains are
3000g Vienna malt
1000g Red X
1000g Plsner
500g Dark Munich
50g Black malt
Hops
25g Styrian wolf 60mins
15g Tettnang 30mins
15g HH 0 mins
yeast
Saflager W34/70
OG 1053 ABV 5.8%

Tonight trying my Mansfield Bitter clone and christened my junior keg (coming to a brew shop near you shortly) Changes I will make is to do a FWH when I make this again, made a real difference to my ordinary bitter.
004.JPG

Dutto...wishful thinking...Strange Steve been Jedi mind tricked into a skinflint and Hazelwood "just tasting"...yer all on mushrooms!

IMG_20200212_145027.jpg
nights last night and up early..ish as I'm expecting a delivery of fence panels...this has just been delivered!
I wonder who it's for...? And why!?

Happy Valentine! Surprise!!! ;)

You bugger you! Daughter's birthday is on 14th February and I thought I'd forgotten to send her anything! Luckily, my pacemaker is now back in control. :laugh8:

I've nipped out and got one of my Sweet Newkie Browns and like that Polar Bear in the old advert used to say "It's frothy man!"; but this still tastes great!

IMG_1649.jpg

That's probably my fault. I poured it too fast 'cos I was still unnerved by the fact that I still have two days to sort out a birthday present!

BTW, I think we are lucky that they don't make ads like this any more! clapaclapaclapa

You bugger you! Daughter's birthday is on 14th February and I thought I'd forgotten to send her anything! Luckily, my pacemaker is now back in control.

I've nipped out and got one of my Sweet Newkie Browns and like that Polar Bear in the old advert used to say "It's frothy man!"; but this still tastes great!

View attachment 23050

That's probably my fault. I poured it too fast 'cos I was still unnerved by the fact that I still have two days to sort out a birthday present!

BTW, I think we are lucky that they don't make ads like this any more! clapaclapaclapa

Just a “taste” is it @Dutto? It will be by the time you get past that head! :laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

993CC36F-88A5-4401-9A7D-7ACE5B2DA74B.jpeg
Sampling my HSD, going down a treat. Very pleased with the seams on the cans :beer1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back