What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm drinking an exmoor gold, I think an underrated pint.

Exmoor Gold is just Base Malt then Challenger and Goldings. Very similar recipe to Hop Back Summer Lightening (GW writing here, not the mere Slid!) which is very widely acclaimed.

Have done the Summer L recipe a couple of times, most recently with MJ Liberty Belle yeast, which is still a little cloudy, but noticeably different to the US 05 version I brewed earlier. So, I can see no reason why Exmoor Gold is anything but an excellent drink. Perhaps if the wind died down a bit, it's a Patio Pint?

Exmoor Gold is just Base Malt then Challenger and Goldings. Very similar recipe to Hop Back Summer Lightening (GW writing here, not the mere Slid!) which is very widely acclaimed.

Have done the Summer L recipe a couple of times, most recently with MJ Liberty Belle yeast, which is still a little cloudy, but noticeably different to the US 05 version I brewed earlier. So, I can see no reason why Exmoor Gold is anything but an excellent drink. Perhaps if the wind died down a bit, it's a Patio Pint?

Definitely a patio pint! athumb..

Did you give it a go and if so how did your own version compare?

(Perhaps it’s too early for you, I’m not the best role model here!)
As it turns out I don't even have Tia Maria, I'll grab some tomorrow when I nip out to the gym thumb

In order -

1584823691552.png

1584823623659.png

1584823568441.png

Attachments

• 1584823504168.png
    1584823504168.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 75
A stout/porter type thing that's been force-carbonated for all of six minutes. Surprisingly lovely lacing. It would probably be extra nice if it had time to mature instead of being shot in the paddock. I've put 5 bottles not kegged into a time capsule for the next generation to discover.

A stout/porter type thing that's been force-carbonated for all of six minutes. Surprisingly lovely lacing. It would probably be extra nice if it had time to mature instead of being shot in the paddock. I've put 5 bottles not kegged into a time capsule for the next generation to discover.

Clearly, patience is a waste of time! :laugh8:

This is espresso martini v1.0, 100ml each of espresso, kahlua, and vodka. I don't have a martini glass so this Rochefort glass will have to do:
tCgl7Po.jpg

It's really good actually. The vodka flavour is perhaps a little too prominent for my taste and it doesn't have the creaminess of the one I had in the hotel. I don't know how they did that, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't egg white because it wasn't mentioned in the menu, as it was with some of the other cocktails. I'm wondering if a little touch of Baileys would have the same effect 🤔 Will report back...

This is espresso martini v1.0, 100ml each of espresso, kahlua, and vodka. I don't have a martini glass so this Rochefort glass will have to do:
tCgl7Po.jpg

It's really good actually. The vodka flavour is perhaps a little too prominent for my taste and it doesn't have the creaminess of the one I had in the hotel. I don't know how they did that, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't egg white because it wasn't mentioned in the menu, as it was with some of the other cocktails. I'm wondering if a little touch of Baileys would have the same effect 🤔 Will report back...

That’s a GOOD measure for a first test!

On my Yorkshire bitter again (also used some of it in the Yorkshire Puddings, not sure if I could taste it but they t out really well)

Also strange-Steve hope you keep us posted on your attempts at an espresso martini, as would like to give, it ago myself. Although I might try it with a bit more coffee and a bit less Vodka 100ml seems a tad much for my taste).

No beer for me today. We went to the Gin & Rum festival in Northampton a couple of weeks ago (just before the ban), great fun but got a little dazed and confused. Only remembered this morning that I brought a bottle of 12yo Eldorado rum, gonna have to open itathumb..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back