What are you drinking tonight 2020.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

prog99

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A dodgy bottle of my punk ipa clone. Funny medicinal taste although I persevered. Fortunately the kegged version I just sampled seems fine. Only bottled two.

BridgeBrew

Reaction score
This is "Big Hop" 100g Citra, 50g Chinook, & 25g supplied kit hop's smell like Cascade, & Nelson. Gotta say this is lovely. I love Punk IPA, so have been trying to make a simple clone using various combinations of hop's, and the same basic kit & kilo recipe. This is the best i've managed, but at a cost of around £30 for 40 pts. 1 x myo IPA kit, 500g light DME, 500g Dextrose. Primary for 2 weeks, after 7 days add all Hops. Kegged, and left in secondary for 5 day's. Conditioned for 10 day's (add gelatine finings on 2nd day of conditioning) The clincher on this was i pulled a drop, and asked the missus (who doesnt touch a drop) what it smells like "Orange J20" was her reply "lovely" Nice sherbet feel on tongue as well.

Attachments

obscure

Supporting Member
Reaction score
E483B4EC-1413-4FBC-B73C-6CC30975D701.jpeg
After my long commute (a whole flight of,stairs) I am having a pint of my bitter,while I wait for the dishwasher to finish and I can bottle the Porter I made.

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Reaction score
Dartmoor Brewery Jail Ale Clone
Recipe
21 litres
4200g MO
400g crystal malt
250g wheat malt
50g Choc malt
60 min mash
25g Admiral 60 minutes
20g Fuggles 10 minutes
3g Iirish moss 15 minutes
Safale 04
OG 1053
FG 1010
ABV 5.6
IBU 45
SRM 13
2 months since in Corny lovely pint

obscure

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuller London Porter Clone 5.6%
Just bottled it and having the wee drizzle leftover. It’s rather pleasant, but definitely needs a few weeks to mature, in the bottle.

Davy6Mac

Reaction score
Literally just cracked open a keg of a session bitter "Wishbone Drover" this was my very first AG brew.
To me it tastes great but I could be biased!!!!!!!, the thing I'm most impressed with is the clarity and carbonation level.

pilgrimhudd

Landlord.
Reaction score
Dartmoor Brewery Jail Ale Clone
Recipe
21 litres
4200g MO
400g crystal malt
250g wheat malt
50g Choc malt
60 min mash
25g Admiral 60 minutes
20g Fuggles 10 minutes
3g Iirish moss 15 minutes
Safale 04
OG 1053
FG 1010
ABV 5.6
IBU 45
SRM 13
2 months since in Corny lovely pint
Jail Ale is one of my favourites, do you' reckon that you've got it pretty close?

dad_of_jon

Beer designer
Reaction score
erdinger
life & death
+3 of my own - california steaming, mango tango & no gaarden - got to make my stocks last hence padding with commercials...

prog99

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raided the stash.
Brewdog dog H. Very nice and super smooth with a hint of chili, hard to believe it was 16%
Brewdog paradox islay. Beery laphroaig(I don't actually know what they used to condition in). I enjoyed it, mrs prog99 less so. Slightly weaker than Dog H but tasted stronger.

Hazelwood Brewery

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife is drinking cider I brewed a year ago and I’m drinking each of my IPAs in turn.

On my last trip back from the shed (where my kegs are), the wind took the head off my beer - FFS!

cushyno

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sneaky couple of halves of my Northern Brown Ale.

I was up at the eaves fixing gutters and downpipes earlier and the wind is getting up (as @Hazelwood Brewery will vouch for), so elevated stress levels need bringing down a couple of notches.

Might have another couple of halves, just for good measure. This GH recipe never fails to please and serves well from a good ol' 1980's inherited Cellaman PB.

Hazelwood Brewery

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sneaky couple of halves of my Northern Brown Ale.

I was up at the eaves fixing gutters and downpipes earlier and the wind is getting up (as @Hazelwood Brewery will vouch for), so elevated stress levels need bringing down a couple of notches.

Might have another couple of halves, just for good measure. This GH recipe never fails to please and serves well from a good ol' 1980's inherited Cellaman PB.
I do like a nice roasty brown ale. Mmmm

chrisb8

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 23892
Chocolate Stout, found a dozen bottles in a crate in the garage, going by my notes I bottled this in June 2018. Has a good chocolate flavour and very smooth.
Sounds like you struck gold, like the other day when I opened my glove box to find 2 packs of paracetamol athumb.. Strange times...

Group Builder