What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the commercial stuff now until my Golden Ale carbs and conditions, and I bottle my 2 Belgian Strong Honey ale thingies and let them carb / condition.

As I had no reason to go to a big shop today, as we only needed a few bits and bobs (bread, onions, some cheese, etc) I was limited to the Coop local in our village. So Ive had a Coop Triple Hop (brewed by Robinsons, not bad), a couple of Shipyard IPA's (nothing special, fairly typical Marstons new-world-a-like offering. Purists may shudder, but if all mass produced commercial ale was this good the world would e a better place and a lot of 'craft' breweries would have to up their game) and a Marstons Old Emprire IPA (a much underrated session beer IMHO, despite its 5.7% heft. Hoppy, but it doesn't sandpaper your taste buds off with hops so you can sink a few).

Sun's out, guns out!

Time for some gardening which calls for some refreshments.

A bottle of my second my second batch of wheat beer to start. I fermented this at 20°C and carbed it more heavily than my 24°C wheat. The carbonation is better on this one, but the 24°C tastes better (not by much though). I also put them in 660ml bottles so I can taste one 330ml glass without yeast and one with.

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_112847.jpg
    IMG_20200502_112847.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 171
Looks lovely.
Due to Lockdown ingredient restrictions I think I'm getting a Victoria sponge

That custard slice looks good!

I tried to buy the wife some rekorderlig yesterday so I have someone to drink with on my long weekend. Her reply...

'No I can't drink I'm getting fat because of this lockdown'

She then proceeded to make some brownies.

Oh well, now I have beer and brownies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back