What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more of my BYO Yorkshire Bitter. Might follow that up with some Beerworks Southern Gold Digger.

Was in my local pub and they had Greene King Low & Behold pale Ale(2.8%) now normally I avoid Greene King but decided to give it a go. It was not terrible a little thin but it had a fairly nice taste to it was otherwise forgettable, but still for a low APA to be mediocre is actually pretty damm good.

I moved onto Exeter Brewery Fraid Not. I had previously had their Country Best and Fall’s Over both of which where pretty good so was fairly optimistic, this was described as an English Bitter and well it is a pretty solid bitter at 4% it isn’t too strong although not really a true session beer in my view. Good flavour not too thin easy drinking nothing special but a good solid beer,

Now rounding it off at home with a glass of Lyme Bay Christmas Mead it is a little dryer than a lot of their mead and I’m afraid that the cinnamon in my view is a little over powering. It’s not bad but I’m probably not going to buy another bottle if it goes on sale this year.

Last beer before you know what.......an Orval. One of the best beers of Europe

My Quad. Not half bad

IMG_20200131_214601962.jpg

Had a few homies last night and ended up a bit sh1tters. As a result, I just couldn't be ar$ed with work today so took a halfer, went to the pub for some pizza and pints, back to mine for some quite tasty mosaic pale ale and The Kernel imp brown stout clone (very close to the original IMO) and still on it after just making a single hop (el dorado) IPA. It's a tough life, innit!

When I saw you’d posted I was hoping it was to tell us about your breakfast beer! Happy February anyway!

Just kegged my session bitter which came in at 3.8% as you do when you bottle or keg I took a half pint glass to, see how it’s doing. Nice dark colour with the crystal giving it a really nice flavour, not perfect however looking forward to this in a few weeks once it’s had time to carb up and condition.

Just kegged an American amber which is a fantastic beer, nice and hoppy but not too much for me.
Tonight I’m drinking my west street steam pilsner. Another all grain recipe purchased from the Malt Miller, wasn’t convinced with this when it was fermenting? However 4 weeks conditioning...... and it’s actually very very tasty acheers.

Attachments

• 79FD4BF6-00E9-4AE8-96F8-9D79284FE938.jpeg
    79FD4BF6-00E9-4AE8-96F8-9D79284FE938.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 310
More of my Beerworks Southern Gold Digger. Somewhat clearer in the pour now I have a steady serving pressure!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back