What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkish coffee.
Just been to my first real Turkish joint.
Mind Blown

In the local supporting the fiancé as she plays bingo. I’ve earned some browny points by going with her and I can drink a few pints of London pride in the process acheers.

IMG_20200209_200625510.jpg
West Indies porter. Has anyone tried making this

Seeing a band in Belfast tonight so a couple of fantastic beers in Woodworkers beforehand, What's Best for Us by Cloudwater a lovely 9% DIPA, followed by an absolutely incredible 15% imperial stout by Turning Point called Mile Zero.

Seeing a band in Belfast tonight so a couple of fantastic beers in Woodworkers beforehand, What's Best for Us by Cloudwater a lovely 9% DIPA, followed by an absolutely incredible 15% imperial stout by Turning Point called Mile Zero.
Just checked out their web site. I must give it a try the next time I am in Belfast. Mile zero sounds class. 12 hr boil. Much was that for a pint

Last edited:
Just checked out their web site. I must give it a try the next time I am in Belfast. Mile zero sounds class. 12 hr boil. Much was that for a pint
It's a great bar, had some amazing beers in there. The Mile Zero wasn't cheap, £7.50 per half pint (they didn't sell it by the pint) but totally worth it.

It's a great bar, had some amazing beers in there. The Mile Zero wasn't cheap, £7.50 per half pint (they didn't sell it by the pint) but totally worth it.

Not cheap? I think you mean "Extortionate"!

£15 for a pint! I'm not even sure that I would pay that amount for a pint of blood if I needed a transfusion!

Not cheap? I think you mean "Extortionate"!

£15 for a pint! I'm not even sure that I would pay that amount for a pint of blood if I needed a transfusion!
And here we go again with the age old debate.

It's only extortionate if it's not worth it, and in my opinion it was. I feel sorry for those who will never taste some truly incredible beers because they're unwilling to pay a few quid more than the cost of a mediocre beer.

I would pay for one just so I could taste it and savour it. Not something your going to knock back all night. Some places are charging that for a large glass of wine

............. I feel sorry for those who will never taste some truly incredible beers because they're unwilling to pay a few quid more than the cost of a mediocre beer.

Sorry, but I thought that the whole reason behind brewing your own beer was that you never have to drink a mediocre beer!

The beer that I brew doesn't have to be chilled so much that my taste buds are numbed to a level where I could be drinking rat's p1ss for all the flavours that I can taste; and the fact that a pint of my own beer doesn't cost as much as a pub bought beer is a bonus. The fact isn't lost on me, but it is many, many years since it was the main reason that I brewed my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back