What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's fair to call it a £15 a pint beer, it wasn't sold by the pint nor is it intended to be drunk by the pint. How much is a pint of scotch in a pub?

While agreeing that comparison between beer prices and other drinks can be a silly exercise, I’ll do it anyway! On a price per volume basis, it tracks to about £22 per 750ml (wine bottle size). I suspect in most pubs, £22 gets a reasonable but not great bottle of wine. Sounds a cracking beer, I’d have gladly paid that price for it.

345A46F0-C1C0-4F07-A057-863CCAA72679.jpeg
Drinking my extra special bitter tonight.

I’ve also bottled a couple of pints, one might find its way into the February competition.

AF1D0086-C5A4-4F02-B573-4888074BABE8.jpeg
Church Han Brewery 14 Keeps a Biere De Garde (5.5%) really nice full flavour, should go nicely with the stir fry I’m cooking.

A bottle of my 9% DIPA tonight followed by a strange beer from the father in law. It tasted sort of like a cider, but it was most definitely a beer. I'll have to ask what he put in that one. :?: Not bad though!

A pint of my IPA that I didn't plan and didn't have all the ingredients, a lack of hops and had to use a cider yeast(not a good brew day). Tastes ok but not brilliant.

Not tonight, but this arvo went to my favourite brew pub, created by a Liverpudlian, he is now worth a fortune. He has just made a big extension of the brewing area. Three hour round trip but worth it.
13 beers on tap, 3 through the hand pump, my personal preference is the ESB @ 5% ABV through the pump $11.50 a pint (or 6 GBP) which is reasonable in the craft beer scene over here.
Hops used in the ESB are EKG and dry hopped with Galaxy.
004.JPG

The Norton motorcycle over the bar symbolises his Norton Lager. Obviously a keen Norton fan.

32B07768-E6B4-4629-ABFB-6352E3B33CEA.jpeg
Just a wee taster of my ultra smooth galaxy Citra mosaic pale ale tweak with oats part mash. Off the keg too nice ! Goes down too well ! Might have to test it again just to make sure it’s going to be ok for next weekend & the return of the 6 nations !

View attachment 23135 Just a wee taster of my ultra smooth galaxy Citra mosaic pale ale tweak with oats part mash. Off the keg too nice ! Goes down too well ! Might have to test it again just to make sure it’s going to be ok for next weekend & the return of the 6 nations !

Sounds really nice! I have a Citra/Galaxy ale conditioning and a Simcoe/Mosaic fermenting. Are you going to enter it in the monthly competition? Have you posted the recipe?

D7310570-16D9-4C23-BDEA-E597351BA011.jpeg
I went to get some bits from the supermarket and had a look at the beers hoping for something interesting. Almost nothing of interest but I did spot something unusual (for me anyway), a cucumber and melon sour.

Sometimes when your brain tells you not to be stupid, it’s right. To be fair it is sour and it does taste of cucumber and melon so I got what I deserved! :confused.:

View attachment 23147 I went to get some bits from the supermarket and had a look at the beers hoping for something interesting. Almost nothing of interest but I did spot something unusual (for me anyway), a cucumber and melon sour.

Sometimes when your brain tells you not to be stupid, it’s right. To be fair it is sour and it does taste of cucumber and melon so I got what I deserved! :confused.:
That doesn't sound right at all.

Well do not ban me from this forum but i am going to try a can of Doom Bar, I tried a can last night and found it very hard to drink very sweet to me so thought I would try it again. The reason believe it or not I have never had it before so wanted to see why it is slagged off by many, if the second can is like the first then I can see why only time will tell, but have got plenty of my Yorkshire Bitter ( First Gold) in the keg to wash the taste away

It's early doors at my out of town local 'fat cat brewery tap'. So far tried: stay puft salted caramel, neon raptor retro racer & polly's brew mosaic simco. Many more to go.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back