What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well do not ban me from this forum but i am going to try a can of Doom Bar, I tried a can last night and found it very hard to drink very sweet to me so thought I would try it again. The reason believe it or not I have never had it before so wanted to see why it is slagged off by many, if the second can is like the first then I can see why only time will tell, but have got plenty of my Yorkshire Bitter ( First Gold) in the keg to wash the taste away

Doom Bar when fresh and on tap is not a bad pint. I once enjoyed a few pints in a pub that sold nothing else so it was always fresh. Always disappointing after that.

Sea Fury from the same stable is a better pint.

Doom Bar when fresh and on tap is not a bad pint. I once enjoyed a few pints in a pub that sold nothing else so it was always fresh.

We had a family night out just before Christmas and the only thing i could drink (cannot drink lager) was Doom Bar i was expecting it to be undrinkable going by all the negative stuff posted here but as you say its not a bad pint and i had several.

Well we will find out soon Chippy it may have been a bad can but it was one of four so shortly I will try it again and will post my opinion Ps hope it is better as fancy something different from my brews tonight

3869527A-4744-4973-BAB3-BD632FAF2686.jpeg
Had a bottle of this Blue Moon Belgian White. First taste was quite effervescent and put me in mind of ginger beer. Grew on me and flavours changed as it warmed becoming more fruity and honeyed.

This wheat beer is brewed with orange peel.

Just had the second can of DoomBar, not as bad as last nights it is sweet to me with very little malty backbone and the hops are meh. It is drinkable but not by choice maybe it did not help drinking the first one after 2 kentish ales which are more hoppy but would not buy it again

D0C9DA66-EAE0-4AA2-9C5E-B566581FCA5F.jpeg
Didn’t like this. I think I’ve had it before and forgotten. Reminds me of a wildlife film I saw where a chimp looked under a rock, saw a snake, screamed while doing a back-flip, and fainted - then woke up and looked under the same rock, saw the same snake... :laugh8:

I like the cucumelon from Adnams...the cucumelon is actually a type of cucumber,that grows like a tiny melon...I might try to grow some.

Simcoe Pale from Alphabet Brewing Company, part of a package my lovely wife got me for valentine's
IMG_20200216_201354402.jpg

Only 3.8% abv, but very tasty. Simcoe is such a great hop.

I'm not too sure on Belgian style beers...I think there's a couple in my Beerwulf box...a lot are very strong and tend to knock me about a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back