What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dodgy bottle of my punk ipa clone. Funny medicinal taste although I persevered. Fortunately the kegged version I just sampled seems fine. Only bottled two.

IMG_20200325_232526220.jpg
Falconer flight pale ale. Not a bad pint

This is "Big Hop" 100g Citra, 50g Chinook, & 25g supplied kit hop's smell like Cascade, & Nelson. Gotta say this is lovely. I love Punk IPA, so have been trying to make a simple clone using various combinations of hop's, and the same basic kit & kilo recipe. This is the best i've managed, but at a cost of around £30 for 40 pts. 1 x myo IPA kit, 500g light DME, 500g Dextrose. Primary for 2 weeks, after 7 days add all Hops. Kegged, and left in secondary for 5 day's. Conditioned for 10 day's (add gelatine finings on 2nd day of conditioning) The clincher on this was i pulled a drop, and asked the missus (who doesnt touch a drop) what it smells like "Orange J20" was her reply "lovely" Nice sherbet feel on tongue as well.

Attachments

• big1.JPG
    big1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 127
E483B4EC-1413-4FBC-B73C-6CC30975D701.jpeg
After my long commute (a whole flight of,stairs) I am having a pint of my bitter,while I wait for the dishwasher to finish and I can bottle the Porter I made.

Dartmoor Brewery Jail Ale Clone
Recipe
21 litres
4200g MO
400g crystal malt
250g wheat malt
50g Choc malt
60 min mash
25g Admiral 60 minutes
20g Fuggles 10 minutes
3g Iirish moss 15 minutes
Safale 04
OG 1053
FG 1010
ABV 5.6
IBU 45
SRM 13
2 months since in Corny lovely pint

Fuller London Porter Clone 5.6%
Just bottled it and having the wee drizzle leftover. It’s rather pleasant, but definitely needs a few weeks to mature, in the bottle.

Literally just cracked open a keg of a session bitter "Wishbone Drover" this was my very first AG brew.
To me it tastes great but I could be biased!!!!!!!, the thing I'm most impressed with is the clarity and carbonation level.

Dartmoor Brewery Jail Ale Clone
Recipe
21 litres
4200g MO
400g crystal malt
250g wheat malt
50g Choc malt
60 min mash
25g Admiral 60 minutes
20g Fuggles 10 minutes
3g Iirish moss 15 minutes
Safale 04
OG 1053
FG 1010
ABV 5.6
IBU 45
SRM 13
2 months since in Corny lovely pint

Jail Ale is one of my favourites, do you' reckon that you've got it pretty close?

erdinger
life & death
+3 of my own - california steaming, mango tango & no gaarden - got to make my stocks last hence padding with commercials...

Raided the stash.
Brewdog dog H. Very nice and super smooth with a hint of chili, hard to believe it was 16%
Brewdog paradox islay. Beery laphroaig(I don't actually know what they used to condition in). I enjoyed it, mrs prog99 less so. Slightly weaker than Dog H but tasted stronger.

My yorkshire bitters 1 an 2 follwed by my Son of Punk IPA and my Pelvis juice to finish

Sneaky couple of halves of my Northern Brown Ale.

I was up at the eaves fixing gutters and downpipes earlier and the wind is getting up (as @Hazelwood Brewery will vouch for), so elevated stress levels need bringing down a couple of notches.

Might have another couple of halves, just for good measure. This GH recipe never fails to please and serves well from a good ol' 1980's inherited Cellaman PB.

Sneaky couple of halves of my Northern Brown Ale.

I was up at the eaves fixing gutters and downpipes earlier and the wind is getting up (as @Hazelwood Brewery will vouch for), so elevated stress levels need bringing down a couple of notches.

Might have another couple of halves, just for good measure. This GH recipe never fails to please and serves well from a good ol' 1980's inherited Cellaman PB.

I do like a nice roasty brown ale. Mmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back