What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another nice cocktail (of many!) is Amaretto sour - one part lemon juice, one part sugar syrup, two parts Amaretto. Shake to destruction with ice. Mmmm!

I make these for the mrs, she loves them. I like the flavour combination but find it a bit too sweet.

If I have a cocktail it’s usually an Old Fashioned, a Manhattan, or a Negroni.

Negroni is the easiest. 1 shot each of gin, red vermouth, and Campari. Stir it for about 1 minute with plenty of ice, strain into a chilled tumbler and enjoy 👍

Incognito ekuanot dipa in the bath, finally got away from the kids as mum is home now. This social distancing is Gona kill me, tomorrow I'm booked in for a full makeover I got away with just a pedicure today
DSC_2087.JPG

You're gonna have to explain that one mate :oops:
Well!
Chloride rich water profile
7kg golden promise
1kg malted oats
500g rolled oats
500g wheat malt
300g dextrose
3g flex bittering goo stuff stuff 30ibu
15g ekuanot incognito goo stuff whirlpool
200g ekuanot ddh
Kveik yeast
Og 1.084
FG 1.014
9.2%

OH! you mean the toes, when in lock down a man's gota do what a man's gota do.
(that's keep the kids happy) :tongue:

OH! you mean the toes, when in lock down a man's gota do what a man's gota do.
(that's keep the kids happy) :tongue:

After nightshift, until I nodded off on the mat in front of the fire, I used to let the kids draw on my back with a set of coloured felt-tip pens they had been given by Santa. A quick rinse in the bath when I woke up and "Bingo!" good as new.

It was quite relaxing, right up until the little sods went and got some indelible felt-tip pens from somewhere! aheadbutt

Couldn't bother waiting for the Coopers English Bitter to fully carbonate so poured one for a pre-lunch aperitif.

Kegged yesterday and clear as a bell but still tastes a bit "harsh" (which isn't surprising after a single day).

The most weird thing is the difference in colour between this brew and the Wilko Hoppy Copper Bitter! Herewith, I give you photographs of the two Bitters.

Coopers to start ...

IMG_1690.jpg

... and then the Wilko one.

IMG_1677.jpg

Amazing eh?

My wife's a nail technician so I too have been a Guinea pig :confused:

You’ve just reminded me, some years ago my girlfriend at the time took a course at the London School of Aromatherapy. I would take her and do some work in a back office while the training was taking place.

They used to work in pairs but on some days, one of the participants couldn’t attend meaning someone didn’t have a partner to practice on and I would be invited to be a “model”. I went home those days well tenderised and sometimes a bit sore from their inexperienced massages. Never refused though!

I'm moidering a 3/4 pint of my American stout out the Wilko keg...3/4 coz the keg is playing up...again. It's been ok for a while but I gassed it last night,last gas,got two pints out of it and now it's flat again after the 3/4. I'm not going to fart about priming it again,the lid hasn't been touched since November and it carbed and held pressure for ages. To be honest I'm sick to death of the thing and I'm seriously considering,when it's empty,beating the hell out of it with my masons pointy hammer thing and then burning it...
I've ordered some gas,a bit of malt and a couple of kits from Brew2Bottle to get my stocks up quick so next week I'll kill it...I'm off to make a jalfrezi and drink whiskey...pah!!

What kegs you using Dutto?
And how's that hip? I had my 6 year review a week last Saturday. X-ray perfect so I'm pleased.

My Kolsch followed by my Leffe . Mrs Cat and I are going through my stocks like wild fire must be to dull the apprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back