What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kegs you using Dutto?
And how's that hip? I had my 6 year review a week last Saturday. X-ray perfect so I'm pleased.

At the moment I'm using:
  • A Wilko Keg that is under test and not holding pressure! (I may wish to borrow your hammer!)
  • A King Keg top-tap which has been brilliant and contains 5 litres of Wilko Hoppy Copper Bitter.
  • Two 10 litre PB's (IPA and Sweet Newkie) that are first carbonated and then topped up with CO2 gas.
  • Two 10 litre Growlers (Coopers English Bitter) with taps and in service.
  • Two 10 litre Growlers (M/T) waiting for Coopers European Lager if the Wilko Keg finishes up in the bin!
The hip is doing fine at long last thank-you! I am now walking up and down stairs rather than using the Chair-Lift and can walk around the house and garden without crutches, zimmer or stick. The "weak as a kitten" phase is slowly going away so, all-in-all I'm feeling pretty good!

With the current crisis I won't be able to go for my "six week check-up" and even the six month check-up is looking a bit uncertain. My thinking is "What's the point of my wife and I self-isolating for three months and then going out and catching the virus?" so we will decide on our course of action a lot nearer the time.

Thanks for asking! athumb..

BTW, the man who "snoozed" on night-shift is not alone! A mate of mine used to say "I hired that prat you know!" every time the gentleman in question screwed up; like the following:
  1. He nodded off stood up against the raised desk in a boiler-room. The flame went out, the oil shut off but the atomising steam kept flowing, the boiler slowly filled with water as the atomising steam condensed and then turned to water, the boiler overflowed, the water in the boiler-room reached the level of the man's laces and ran into his boots. At this time he woke up and "noticed" that the boiler had flamed out! We reckoned he must have been asleep for at least two hours!
  2. I worked in the Blender Control Room which had an external phone. The internal phone rang and my mate said "How far do you think a propane loading hose will stretch?" I answered "They are never supposed to be stretched; but they start off at fifteen feet long." "I can tell you that a fifteen foot long propane loading hose will stretch around the loading island and nearly out of the gate before it breaks, if some stupid **** leaves it connected to the tanker!" "My God!" I said "That sounds dangerous. Is anyone hurt?" "Oh yes!" he said "That's why I phoned you. I think our idiot friend has a broken thigh because when the end came off it flew back and nearly cut him in two! Could you phone for an ambulance please?" I phoned for an ambulance and sure enough our "idiot friend" had a fractured thigh and my mate must have told me a thousand times "I hired that prat you know!"
Happy Days!

My father had a hip replacement it gave him a new lease of life

Only thing he complained about was the sleeping arangements.
( I belive they can dislocate easy when first done.)

Well!
Chloride rich water profile
7kg golden promise
1kg malted oats
500g rolled oats
500g wheat malt
300g dextrose
3g flex bittering goo stuff stuff 30ibu
15g ekuanot incognito goo stuff whirlpool
200g ekuanot ddh
Kveik yeast
Og 1.084
FG 1.014
9.2%

OH! you mean the toes, when in lock down a man's gota do what a man's gota do.
(that's keep the kids happy) :tongue:

How did you get on with the incognito in the whirlpool? I've got some to try but after reading about the sticky gloopy nature I'm not so sure I want to,
The toes look great btw - the colour suits you athumb..

How did you get on with the incognito in the whirlpool? I've got some to try but after reading about the sticky gloopy nature I'm not so sure I want to,
The toes look great btw - the colour suits you athumb..
Id definitely use it again I dissolved it in some boiling wort first then added at 80. One thing I will say is DO NOT TASTE IT!

Only thing he complained about was the sleeping arangements.
( I belive they can dislocate easy when first done.)

Thanks for that - but I am glad to report that there must have been a massive improvement since your Dad had his op. athumb..

Why? Well, today I went for my first walk and after walking about a kilometre, I came home and went **** over tea-kettle as I tripped up over the step into the conservatory! aheadbutt

When I tripped up SWMBO, who was supposedly trying to help me ( :?: ) promptly stepped out of the way and I finished up on the floor. I lay there for a few seconds and did the "testicles, spectacles, wallet and watch" routine to check that was okay and then got off the floor to discover that, apart from my injured pride, I appear to be fine!

That was an immense relief that has been celebrated with a Coopers English Bitter; that tasted a lot better today than it did yesterday! athumb.. athumb..

PS
With regard to the "sleeping arrangements" they were fine after only four weeks - if you know what I mean! clapa

Enough of the end is NY.. I'm On a black ipa which is more like a hoppy thin stout. I've never had this before

Two of my IPAs

Equinox, 4.9%, Equanot & Vic Secret hops...

8CD2AE50-E713-4D15-9F81-9EDEB1EE62D6.jpeg

...and Summer Breeze, 5.2%, Citra & Galaxy hops...

239E7C23-E81C-4127-94E4-806865A8ABB5.jpeg

... so far! ;)

Savoured a bottle of my Lakeland Ale. Really enjoying this. Followed by two large generic whiskies. It's been a tough couple of days at work and at home, not helped now that the two have somewhat merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back