What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The time lock down is over they are going to have to roll me out of the house between the home brew and the children baking🤢
I'm gonna have to get baking, large supermarket tonight had absolute zero bread on the shelves. I managed to pick up one of the last three generic white sliced loaves from a local garage as a last resort.

Starting tonight with one of my brown ales “Trinity”.

View attachment 24062
I'll match you with one of mine. Snap!
rps20200403_215915.jpg

A fine choice! I'm sampling Punk...to preserve stocks and the odd bottle of my spiffing Mosaic pale...
I'm brewing tomorrow if it kills me!
Clint, what's the recipe for your Mosaic Pale? Just got my first delivery from GEB, with 1kg of Mosaic..!!! Looking forward to doing my first AG brew...

4kg Maris otter
400g carapils
200g crystal 60
200g torrified wheat
20g Magnum @60
12g mosaic @10
30g mosaic @ flame out,80 celcius
70g mosaic dry hop
US 05
Mash 67 for 1.5 hours (must have been busy!)
Og 1048 fg 1010
23 litre

4kg Maris otter
400g carapils
200g crystal 60
200g torrified wheat
20g Magnum @60
12g mosaic @10
30g mosaic @ flame out,80 celcius
70g mosaic dry hop
US 05
Mash 67 for 1.5 hours (must have been busy!)
Og 1048 fg 1010
23 litre
Sounds like it might be my first brew- will have to sub the Magnum for Admiral- this be ok, d'you think??

I must try brewing some Belgium style beer to try it. Currently brewing German style to get a feel for it or should I say taste for it

After starting to sort the garage out and doing a bit of a stock check on full and empty bottles I found a few bottles of a brew I did 16 months ago.It was an out of date(by 6 years) youngs brewbuddy Lager kit,which tasted fine when I first sampled it,however now its absolutely fantastic, just re enforcing how much a beer can improve with conditioning. I used a lager yeast and 500 g DME, Beer is darker, doesnt taste like lager but is has a lovely subtle toffee,caramel, fruity taste but in perfect balance.I nearly threw the can away but as it was in perfect condition decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did.Cheers all

I bottled my first imperial stout last night. Hopefully it turns out good. Was hoping for a higher abv but what can you do. 8.2 % I got but if it tastes good I will be happy enough

Yesterday afternoon, the aches and pains hit me and I started to worry that I had done some severe damage during the fall I had earlier in the day! My local surgery has an "AskYourGP" system in place, so I sent an email, explained my fall and the Doctor phoned me back a little while later. We agreed that:
  • I had severely bruised the muscles in my thigh when I fell.
  • I probably hadn't broken or permanently damaged anything.
  • It wasn't worth binning a month of "self-isolation" to get an x-ray from the local hospital.
  • I would give it 24 hours and report back so that he could monitor the situation.
Today, bruising came out on my thigh and my left shoulder hurt like the devil. Apparently, this is proof that all I have done is severely bruise the muscles around my new hip replacement so "Lucky, lucky!" eh?

I'm celebrating with a whisky/coke, which has reduced the pain even more!

Photo on 04-04-2020 at 01.38.jpg

Here's hoping I'm back to normal by Monday! athumb..

It’s nice. The cardamom is obvious but it’s not overpowering. The saison is also flavoured with coriander which is nice and aromatic.

Would I make it again? Probably, it’s an interesting beer and a good recipe.

I’ve not yet had it with a curry - what I brewed it for!

Glad you liked it. What did you think about the amount of cardamom in there? About right or maybe could do with a bit more?

Glad you liked it. What did you think about the amount of cardamom in there? About right or maybe could do with a bit more?

I think it’s about right, you can definitely taste it and I think that’s all you want. You could probably get away with another cardamom pod if you wanted to but any more and the subtle flavour would start to become too dominant in my view.

It’s only been conditioning for two weeks so I expect the flavours to change over the next few weeks. I had planned to send you some but that plan is messed up now so I’ll just have to drink it all myself and report back ;)

The basic recipe looks a little dry for my taste but the marshmallow syrup presumably changes all that. Did it add a lot of sweetness, did the toasted marshmallow taste come through, was a litre the right amount of syrup?
Not as sweet as I wanted it. I think I'd add some lactose to it next time. It was just to use all I had left up. Came out nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back