What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting is such a chore! My stout is only ONE week conditioned and I’m already several pints down.

I’d favour a milk stout or maybe even a brown ale. I like beers in the 4% - 6% range but I’m guessing you also like a higher strength if you like imperial. With summer coming a nice IPA or saison might also be good. I’ve even got a lager on the go, unheard of for me!

Go with whatever you most love.
I’m mostly a session beer drinker, bitters, milds etc. But every now and then a high abv Imperial or Barley Wine really hits the spot. Their are a couple of pubs in Oxford which do some excellent beers on tap, which I tend to frequent when my train home is running late (or so I claim). Just hope that they will survive this and be able to reopen in the coming weeks and months.

Half a wherry pimped with dme gs and ekg
IMG_20200405_182910.jpg

Hazelwood Brewery...it's not US making you look like a pisshead ....
You are fast becoming forum caner...I am a bit miffed as my selection is rather poor and usually I have tons of ale made...

The mad cow stout sounds good I bottled an imperial stout during the week. It came in at 8.2%. I need to get the finger out and start kegging
If you're two ever meet up for a smaller in the Taphouse just give me a shout. I'd be interested to pick your brains.

First beer of the week, a stout.

0C6A36B0-9A71-4A1F-B2DF-05370690A987.jpeg

I’ll be getting a plum porter started this weekend (should last longer as my daughter can’t get at it!) and I’m trying a different plum flavouring so giving it a go in my stout.

This is what I’m trying, got it from Amazon and six drops is enough to flavour a pint of stout so maybe five will be enough in a porter - apparently the bottle holds 800 drops.

FEB0EE32-42DF-4413-8272-E5738DCCE42D.jpeg

Because this is a milk stout it’s hard to be sure but I do think the flavour is far more like Titanic plum porter than the flavour I got from Uncle Roy’s plum essence. Uncle Roy’s to me has an intense aroma but the flavour is a bit off.

I’ve just found half a dozen bottles of the Dubbel I brewed about 2 and a half years ago and didn’t like very much. It’s actually mellowed pretty nicely. Still has a bit of a strong alcohol aftertaste but the over-bittering has sorted itself out.
C2E4FD6E-EF80-411E-9BD6-536D758CFE22.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back