What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracked open a Saison from @dave_77. Flavoured with Sorachi Ace and weighing in at 6.6%.

Nicely carbonated, the white fluffy head dropped to a light covering and a bead of bubbles round the edge lasting almost to the end of the pint. The ale is a golden straw colour and is crystal clear.

The aroma is quite fruity, a little floral and has a touch of jelly bean sweetness.

The flavour is more malty than I expected from the aroma and there is definitely some fruitiness - not fruity like a passion fruit but more like a sweet ripe bell pepper.

The bitterness is very mild and the peppery saison finish is similarly mild - fermented at the lower end of the saison temperature range?

A really nice ale Dave - thank you! athumb..

FBDA6856-95BF-4673-B4D4-CA62347CFFD4.jpeg

Cracked open a Saison from @dave_77. Flavoured with Sorachi Ace and weighing in at 6.6%.

Nicely carbonated, the white fluffy head dropped to a light covering and a bead of bubbles round the edge lasting almost to the end of the pint. The ale is a golden straw colour and is crystal clear.

The aroma is quite fruity, a little floral and has a touch of jelly bean sweetness.

The flavour is more malty than I expected from the aroma and there is definitely some fruitiness - not fruity like a passion fruit but more like a sweet ripe bell pepper.

The bitterness is very mild and the peppery saison finish is similarly mild - fermented at the lower end of the saison temperature range?

A really nice ale Dave - thank you! athumb..

View attachment 29744
Glad you have enjoyed it. Temp for first 24 hours was 20 c then increased to 27c. I struggle to get my fermentation fridge above 28c so need a stronger tube heater.

Well the Dragon Stout also got the sink treatment. It literally had no flavour. And it's a 7.5% stout! Who on earth works at that brewery and gives it the thumbs up when it's ready?

sampling a pretty young Red IPA, hopped with summit and columbus. a surprisingly
good combo. caraaroma has such a unique rich dark fruity chracter and is meshes well with the orangey grapefruit citrus from summit and columbus.

also tried a sample of my heavily dry hopped double IPA with columbus, citra and el dorado. its really delicious out of the fermenter. it is also a bit sulfury from the camden i think???? time to keg and purge i think.

Well the Dragon Stout also got the sink treatment. It literally had no flavour. And it's a 7.5% stout! Who on earth works at that brewery and gives it the thumbs up when it's ready?
its a bit sad how many mediocre to **** beers there are out there. and a rich stout is a difficult one to screw up...

I'm ready for a keg full...I've spent two days scraping paint off the stairs and sanding and generally doing a lot of swearing...I'm knackered and feel like I've been run over...I simply hate DIY...
You definitely deserve a keg of beer mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back