What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and onto the last one. west coast pils, its ageing quite nicely and the sulfur from 34/70 is dropping out.

20200509_164617.jpg

keep snagging samples of my mostly fermented keptinis

this thing is awesome like malty candy goodness and perfectly hopped. cant wait to get this one in the bottle and carbed up.
20200509_171058.jpg

Little Ox Oxford Pilsner (5%)

This is a classic pilsner, served cold it is a light straw colour, it is crisp, clean and well the kind of beer that is great on an evening like tonight drunk outside in the garden. Downside is that like a lot of decent 5% pilsner it is extremely easy to drink far too much of it for ones own good.

My very glass of self brewed beer from brew #1, a 5L AG Citra SMaSH. It was alright. Possibly a mite over carbonated but not terribly so and a bit yeasty - I think I overdid the pitch - but will leave the other bottles to a settle more. But it was definitely 🍻. Thanks to the forum for all the help!
View attachment 25671

Your beer might just need a bit longer to condition - how long has it had?

My very glass of self brewed beer from brew #1, a 5L AG Citra SMaSH. It was alright. Possibly a mite over carbonated but not terribly so and a bit yeasty - I think I overdid the pitch - but will leave the other bottles to a settle more. But it was definitely 🍻. Thanks to the forum for all the help!
View attachment 25671
My first all grain was also a five litre batch that seemed a tad yeasty, but when I gave it another few weeks in the bottle this seemed to disappear so worth leaving at least a few bottles to condition further to see if it improves.

This is definitely one of the better new ones from Tesco I've tried so far. Lovely big juicy hop character for the money
View attachment 25663

I tried that one last week and enjoyed it.

I like that Tesco are doing 6 monthly or so releases of craft beers as it gives me a good selection to try. I suppose a few of the beers are constrained by the selling price but there is usually one i really like in each release and a couple of the others are decent

My tweaked mangrove jacks juicy session IPA, only 11 days in the bottle, aroma is full on tropical fruits peach at the forefront.... It's definitely juicy. But still quite malty and almost like an alcohol vapour.... Have I ruined it 🤷🏻‍♂️ or will it get better..... Either way I'll still drink it 🤣
IMG_20200509_204322443.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back