What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying out a kolsch I made for my brother. After drinking the Belgian beer this is like going from eating wagyu steak to eating mince.
I had to give it test
IMG_20200801_223941129.jpg

A bit muted to begin with, I poured it straight from the fridge because it's fairly heavily carbonated. Now it's warmed up in the sun it's pure banana aromas and raisiny sweet wheatiness. Creamy head and mouthfeel and the barest hint of alcohol. I'll try to save a bottle for the next dark beer competition.

Decided if it's just going to be one beer today it might aswell be a good strong one. View attachment 30303So I've cracked open a new weizenbock 8.1%

Good theory. In reality because it’s s good one you’ll enjoy it and have three!🥴

Edit: I’m a pretty laid back guy and not much gets my goat but the automatic spell correction! It changes any number of simple spelling errors into completely different and irrelevant words but is happy to accept “s” instead of “a”. In what universe does this make sense, when is “s“ ever a perfectly good substitute for “a” as an indefinite article?!🤷‍♂️

Edit 2: PS I realise it would have been quicker to just change the “s”! 😂

Last edited:
This is different from barrier brewing in NY, experiment series hopped with Mosaic incognito and lupulin powder. Really intense hop characters without the overwhelming bitterness, sticky over ripe tropical fruits, slight sweetness and a nice balanced bitterness at the end.
IMG_20200802_153603300.jpg

Just finished my brewday, efficiency is up again. I'd put in 80% on brewers friend expecting about 82% max. Only went and hit 90% didn't I!!

I wanted a session beer damn it!
IMG_20200802_162143.jpg
An Oslo lager will numb the blow.

Edit: I've just noticed there's 11l in my fermenter instead of 10l... Brewers friend tells me that's 99% efficiency, that can't be right. What is going on?

Last edited:
@dad_of_jon 6.69% Orange Abbot.....
Fantastic beer, sweet and sticky, with orange zest notes, and the alcohol content is showing itself but personally I do like this from a beer rather than drinking something that tastes like juice. Love the labelling 🤣View attachment 30313

well poured 10/10 and sorry about the labeling. trump threw a wobbly on me wink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back