What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the one beer wearing a cooling jacket, I’m afraid my own beers are just too warm at over 20C so I’m drinking more bought beers. I don’t mind enjoying some old favourites and trying some new beers but I do need to introduce some form of temperature control for my kegs. Anyway, this is one I see everywhere but have never tried. It’s quite refreshing, mainly because it’s cold, but it’s a little thin. It’s 2.7%, has a pretty complex grain bill, and has four big hops. I would drink it again maybe depending on options available but probably wouldn’t choose to buy it again.

D3A9A544-D255-49FD-B14D-22A21AF7F348.jpeg

Not often ( ever, in fact ) I try a beer I can't finish.
I got this golden ale with an online shop from Sainsburys but if I'd read the description on the label ("sweet and spicy") rather than just being persuaded by the nice label I'd probably have avoided it - nasty ginger aftertaste

IMG_20200806_215528481.jpg

this was a much better choice, very moreish athumb..
IMG_20200807_201200482.jpg

H....my Mrs got one of those Aircon units for her shop...you can wheel it round and you need a window/outlet for the hot air pipe...but it would definitely chill your keg store down to acceptable temperature...I suppose you could rig it to an Inky...

What's the recipe for that Dan. It looks the part
It's only 5.7% so a bit smaller than I originally planned but for a 27L batch at 1.055 I used
65% MO extra pale
12% wheat malt
12% chit malt
12% flaked oats
(Rounded figures)

Azzaca, simcoe and citra in equal measure
20g each @ 5mins
35g each @ 75c whirlpool 20 mins
10g each bio-t addition
90g each main dry hop
acheers.

H....my Mrs got one of those Aircon units for her shop...you can wheel it round and you need a window/outlet for the hot air pipe...but it would definitely chill your keg store down to acceptable temperature...I suppose you could rig it to an Inky...

That’s what I’ve been looking at. They seem to be about £180. Just now my heated fermentation cupboard is cooler than the ambient temperature!

It's only 5.7% so a bit smaller than I originally planned but for a 27L batch at 1.055 I used
65% MO extra pale
12% wheat malt
12% chit malt
12% flaked oats
(Rounded figures)

Azzaca, simcoe and citra in equal measure
20g each @ 5mins
35g each @ 75c whirlpool 20 mins
10g each bio-t addition
90g each main dry hop
acheers.
Good luck let me know it scores.

View attachment 30567
A successful brew day and a snooze in the sun...it's beer o'clock!
Kveik #2 with Amarillo...
I second that very much. What is the bike? I have an Aprilia and waiting for my BMW 1250. Might need to go for a ride in the morning to clear my head after weathering the proverbial here.
IDGAF about modesty. When you.have fussed over clarity as much as I have, and even in the slight presence of diacetyl, I am absolutely taking this one. Filth.

View attachment 30604
Is that sadio on the ball there clapa:laugh8::tinhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back