What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a bit predictable now but my Galaxy/Citra ale is the only thing that’s cool until my new air conditioning arrives tomorrow.

01F33B87-CEDE-4AA1-A83E-F9AA687CD847.jpeg

The last of my Weissbier from March with a few bottles that need cleaning and de-labelling.
rps20200810_191440.jpg

I was never happy with this batch, the colour always looked murky and it lacked any real banana esters.

Contrary to popular wisdom for wheat beers, this lonely bottle has improved with age.

Beer52 again, and another great IPA. No ingredients on this one but it has a very similar hop profile to last night's De Molen so I'm guessing cascade again. I originally cancelled my Beer52 subscription because there were too many below par APAs and IPAs, it seems they've upped their game a bit if this box is anything to go by.
5RHzRAy.jpg

Beer52 again, and another great IPA. No ingredients on this one but it has a very similar hop profile to last night's De Molen so I'm guessing cascade again. I originally cancelled my Beer52 subscription because there were too many below par APAs and IPAs, it seems they've upped their game a bit if this box is anything to go by.
5RHzRAy.jpg
I had that beer as well. I thought it was decent. I got another box
IMG_20200808_131316995_HDR.jpg

How did you find the Belgian beer in that box. I thought the la trappe dubbel was lovely
I've only had those two IPAs from that box so far, but I've had La Trappe dubbel before and it is really good. I'm looking forward to the Puur, never had that one before.

over the weekend, I've had the last bottle of Graham Wheeler TT landlord. it was brewed and bottled April 2019. i didn't like it last year, but this last bottle was bang on.
also had a bottle of chili stout, not my bag (way too much chili) but the other half liked it.
also been drinking Coopers English bitter and Simply Yorkshire bitter, both good and improving over the weeks.

First taste of my rye IPA, got halfway down before i remembered to take a picture. There’s a good beer lurking here but it needs recipe tweaks. The FG was quite high at 1.015 and with a healthy dose of both rye and Munich it’s balance is skewed to the malt. Needs a much bigger bittering charge to achieve west coast-ness. The flavour hop profile though is really good: whirlpool 50/50 Simcoe and Chinook total 10g/l and dry hop 2 parts Simcoe to 1 part Chinook total 10g/l all post fermentation

Attachments

• 056114AA-A243-4B72-BB05-722ECB52F2DF.jpeg
    056114AA-A243-4B72-BB05-722ECB52F2DF.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back