What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sampling my first three AG brews (they've all been in the bottle for a little over two weeks, a blonde ale, an oatmeal stout and a bit of a mish-mash of a 'light' ale) and all was going rather well until I rounded it off with a couple of bottles of Coopers Innkeepers Daughter (the last kit I brewed) which tasted like something found congealed in the bottom of a wheelie bin on a hot summers day by comparison.

I think that rather settles it for me, my first three AG brews (which look a bit 'muddy' as I hadn't bothered with the wonder that is protofloc to begin with, and hence no pic) are infinitely better than probably the best kit I've ever done, I'm all grain forever now.
Once you cross that bridge there is no turning back👍

47974A0B-48E7-43F1-8522-C3D9ABBFE913.jpeg
Left Handed Giant Age of Madness (6.9%)

Described as a fruited sour with Mango, Apricot and lactose, this is perhaps a little closer to alcoholic fruit juice, though it does have a little bitterness. Overall I am glad I decided to try it, but I can’t see myself buying it again.

56C47822-CC67-47C5-92DA-E81358FC7D81.jpeg
Left Handed Giant Fossil & Fern DIPA (8.2%)

I have really being enjoying DIPA’s lately though still trying to, decide if it is worth trying one myself might try a 4L batch.

503041A9-7BF8-4446-8545-8132D1086C7E.jpeg
Left Handed Giant Fear of Fog West Coast IPA (7,2%)

As you may have guessed I have a case of Left Handed Giant which I am splitting with a like minded individual. After the DIPA and the sour this is a rather refreshing change of pace, first time I have had Left Ha ded Giant and I can see why they are popular.

Now the temperature has decreased a little I think I will have a few dark beers tonight. Starting the night with plum Porter from @Hazelwood Brewery .🍺View attachment 30994
It's warmed up a little now and the carbonation has mellowed. Nice looking beer with a fluffy tanned head, lots of plum aroma. Definitely taste plumy, it does mask the dark malt flavour a bit but you can still taste chocolate at the end. I think I have only had the Titanic plum porter before so not too experienced in the style. Tasty brew to start the weekend🍺👍

It's warmed up a little now and the carbonation has mellowed. Nice looking beer with a fluffy tanned head, lots of plum aroma. Definitely taste plumy, it does mask the dark malt flavour a bit but you can still taste chocolate at the end. I think I have only had the Titanic plum porter before so not too experienced in the style. Tasty brew to start the weekend🍺👍

I think I agree, the plum is just a little too prominent and 3ml less of the plum flavouring (I used 15ml) would probably have been a better balance. It is a matter of taste though, for @Oneflewover the pluminess was just right (auto spelling correction tried to make me say “plum mines“ :confused.: 😂).

mosaic and citra is my favorite. throw in some galaxy and it's a bit different almost as good. so maybe all 4 then? or this might be a good hop blending experiment?

well away from home so...
View attachment 31001

😂 All four sounds good - probably!

Speckled Hen was about the only thing I could get in most pubs for a long time - that and Spitfire. I don’t mind a few pint of either as a result.

yeah it's actually pretty good I get it fresh from the brewery every so often which is much better than these older pub bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back