What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really happy you enjoyed it. It was all redx malt 6.5kg with 100g each of centennial El Dorado Amarillo.
I have another one made which I mixed with pilsner malt
Ah when did you bottle it up? Were there hops all late additions cause I didn't get a centennial flavour at all. And 300g of hops, I wouldn't have guessed that.

I'm babysitting tonight so just the one...
IMG_20201017_192055.jpg

My schwarzbier, it's getting better every week.

Ah when did you bottle it up? Were there hops all late additions cause I didn't get a centennial flavour at all. And 300g of hops, I wouldn't have guessed that.
That's the recipe
Redx IPA
I have been looking to brew @An Ankoù redx IPA for a while. Finally getting around to it now. Slight variation on the hops but I wanted to use what I have in stock.
Red IPA
6.5kg of redx
Mash went on earlier today @63 degrees. I will do a mash out later tonight when I get home.
20g Magnum@60 mins
25g each of centennial, el Dorado, Amarillo @ 15 mins
25 g of each again @ hop stand 80 degrees
50 g of each dry hop on day 10
Yeast will be US05

Brew day was the 5th of August

Not had one of these in ages but prompted by the "name your favourite shop bought beer' thread picked
up a couple as I sidestepped through Asda.
Glad I did too - grapefruity,hoppy with lovely crisp bitter finish !
IMG_20201017_190744510.jpg

What's the taste like
Wonderful.

Despite a massive dry hop I’m slightly disappointed in the strength of the aroma, but it smells lovely - not too dissimilar to Clwb Tropicana (or whatever it’s called these days). Tastes great, some bitterness in the front of the tongue and flavours of grapefruit and mango. 2nd time I’ve treated my water as well and I think it’s made a big difference to the mouthfeel.

Couldn’t help worrying I’d used too many different types of hop, but it works together well.

Wonderful.

Despite a massive dry hop I’m slightly disappointed in the strength of the aroma, but it smells lovely - not too dissimilar to Clwb Tropicana (or whatever it’s called these days). Tastes great, some bitterness in the front of the tongue and flavours of grapefruit and mango. 2nd time I’ve treated my water as well and I think it’s made a big difference to the mouthfeel.

Couldn’t help worrying I’d used too many different types of hop, but it works together well.
Give it a week to get it to its best.

Not sure what I fancied tonight so started with that sour Elvis juice that overworks do. Not that nice.

Thought I would have a saison next but also took the empty smaller glass from the overworks beer to fill with a pilsner but the keg was empty so it ended up being a pint of saison and a schooner of kviek ipa. Think I will pop out to the garage for the same again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back