What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early taster of my 3rd successive annual wet hop brew with my home grown Cascades and no matter what I do with them it always tastes like every other wet hop beer I've ever tried :laugh8:

20201022_204347.jpg

Brewdog neipa. Seen so much about neipa recently and having never tried one in thought I'd give it a go to see if it's a brew I'd make myself.

Initial taste, not to my liking but after a couple of tastes it got better with each sip.

It won't be high on my list of things to brew but maybe one day.

Nothing, for the second week in a row ☹

I needed to take a few weeks off just to allow my (significantly depleted) stocks to build up now I'm getting the hang of AG, sober Fridays though...duller than an indescribably dull thing.

Last edited:
The third (and best) batch of Old Hooky Clone now, then a Citra Smash, an EKG Smash and then my Best Bitter

This is Dark Rock's best selling kit.
20201023_181300.jpg
Perfectly palatable though it has taken months to get there Those of you who order grain kits from there might consider throwing it in to qualify for free delivery.
Screenshot_20201023-172047_Chrome.jpg
20201023_181300.jpg

It was an attempt to brew something similar to Houblon Chouffe, as below:

3.500 kg Pilsner
0.300 kg Granulated Sugar
0.150 kg Melanoidin
0.100 kg Caramunich I

5 g Magnum @ 30 Minutes
25 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh @ 20 Minutes
25 g Saaz @ 20 Minutes
25 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh @ 1 Minutes
25 g Saaz @ 1 Minutes
25 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh Dry Hop
25 g Saaz Dry Hop

Fermented with Wyeast 3522 - Belgian Ardennes

I wish I had some of these left to swap, but I'd love to try yours and I'm sure I have something else Belgian if you're interested? Maybe a bretted pale ale?
Old post Steve but How'd this turn out. I have the mash on just working out hops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back