What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely delighted with this Helles, which is by some distance the best (in term of comparison with commercial) brew I have done. It's only young aswell, no more than 3 weeks in the bottle most of which at room temp, yet clean as a whistle, almost clear and excellent head retention. Best buzz I have had trying one of my own brews so far.

View attachment 34687

that looks superb. Great feeling to be so happy with a beer on first tasting

Had a bottle of aldi Saint Etienne lager then a bottle of lager from my 5 year out of date wilko kit i brewed for 4 weeks with some new mangrove jack's Bavarian lager yeast M76.
I didn't hold much hope out for it since I struggled to get the temperature down .
Also thought i may of put it in the shed too early after carbing up.

I'm shocked and stunned.

View attachment 34571View attachment 34572
View attachment 34573

This has improved immensely since it was bottled a short while ago.

I'm slowly getting there with kit purchases, brewing and stock and thanks to @Chippy_Tea @terrym
@LED_ZEP @kelper to name a few for tips and advice.
Well appreciated.

It has been brought to my attention that I served this lager in a dirty glass due to the co2 bubbles clinging to the sides.

Please forgive my faux pas as I rinsed the glass after another lager, dried it with a tea towel and polished the finger prints out with kitchen roll. (Tea towel must of been greasy) 😁
I shall endeavour to serve in a clean glass in future and thanks Terry,
You learn something new every day 👍😉

Out of the worlds longest lock down. Today went Op shopping with my wife I was after beer glasses while she was after bargains. (I have a pair of golf shoes, don't play golf, and a pair of Hush Puppies 2 sizes too small, but they were bargains according to my wife)
Two Spiegelau Sierra Nevada glasses for $1.00 each about 50 pence in UK money normally $50 a pair. 2 X 500 ml glasses and 4 X 350 ml glasses.
Tonight drinking my Historical Bitter, regret using Munich malt for darkening, even though the IBU was around 70 can still taste the Munich.
001.JPG

003.JPG

Out of the worlds longest lock down. Today went Op shopping with my wife I was after beer glasses while she was after bargains. (I have a pair of golf shoes, don't play golf, and a pair of Hush Puppies 2 sizes too small, but they were bargains according to my wife)
Two Spiegelau Sierra Nevada glasses for $1.00 each about 50 pence in UK money normally $50 a pair. 2 X 500 ml glasses and 4 X 350 ml glasses.
Tonight drinking my Historical Bitter, regret using Munich malt for darkening, even though the IBU was around 70 can still taste the Munich.
View attachment 34699
View attachment 34700
That's a serious bargain

My Weiss Bier, now the Rauchmalt has mellowed slightly the Vienna and Munich malts are really giving this a more complex taste compared to lighter commercial versions making it very quaffable :beer1: .Some carbonation too....

20201028_182350.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back