What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My next Halloween themed beer..... Evil Dead 2 by Rivington brew co and chain house brew co..... 8% Dipa 😋 chain house is still brewing out of his garage but he's producing banging beers
IMG_20201031_180818_213.jpg

Guess what I am celebrating!

God this is terrible... worse than I remember last time I had it fresh from the brewery in Golden. It tastes like orange extract and perfume. I don't think I am going to finish it.

20201031_195703.jpg

double dragoin.jpg

These are sold in four-packs. I think that the bottle says "Serving size: four bottles."
It might say something else about not drinking too many if you're pregnant--not a problem.
Those are garbanzo beans in the background. I was inspired by a thread here to make beer snacks, one recipe was seasoned and baked garbanzo beans.

I was saving this one for some reason. Couldn't remember why.... So I'm drinking it today. View attachment 34680
My second commercial weizenbock, I'm in love with this style.
I do love a pikantus - get your hands on their korbinian if u can too :cool: and of course schneider & sohn aventinus - the daddy

View attachment 34874
These are sold in four-packs. I think that the bottle says "Serving size: four bottles."
It might say something else about not drinking too many if you're pregnant--not a problem.
Those are garbanzo beans in the background. I was inspired by a thread here to make beer snacks, one recipe was seasoned and baked garbanzo beans.
Nice to see you tried the beer snacks.... That dragons milk looks soooo good.... I was in talks with a guy in US to send over some treehouse brew co but the postage alone was outrageous 😬

That dragons milk looks soooo good
Yeah, I'm trying to think of an analogy with Dragon's Milk. It's not top of the line but it's so close that you don't miss the biggest hitters. I guess warm water when you're dying of thirst versus a glass of ice water might suffice.
I would go to the post office and sneak some beer out to the UK. But, like you said, probably get slaughtered on the postage.
Oddly, we've bought things from France, Germany and the UK and the price wasn't pleasant but it was palatable.
Edit: They're good. They're not potato chips (which are not good for you in large amounts) but they are a big winner for nice taste and satisfying. Thank your better half again, if you would.

Guess what I am celebrating!

God this is terrible... worse than I remember last time I had it fresh from the brewery in Golden. It tastes like orange extract and perfume. I don't think I am going to finish it.

View attachment 34862
Do not like it at all as I thought I was having a glass of flower petals when I tried it a few years ago and can still remember the taste. :vomitintoilet:

First cab off the rank an Ordinary Bitter in the bottle for 8 days, surprised at the tiny bubbles in the head in such a small space of time conditioning.
004.JPG
006.JPG

Good lacing all the way down, I really do like this good session beer at 3.7 ABV got a 40 litre brew coming up hopefully the comps will start again now we are almost fully out of lock down.

Again the Summer Lightening, this has good potential, will change the bittering hop from Challenger to Target and thinking of trying it with all Cascade.
008.JPG
007.JPG

First cab off the rank an Ordinary Bitter in the bottle for 8 days, surprised at the tiny bubbles in the head in such a small space of time conditioning.
View attachment 34879 View attachment 34880
Good lacing all the way down, I really do like this good session beer at 3.7 ABV got a 40 litre brew coming up hopefully the comps will start again now we are almost fully out of lock down.

Again the Summer Lightening, this has good potential, will change the bittering hop from Challenger to Target and thinking of trying it with all Cascade.
View attachment 34881 View attachment 34882
What's the recipe on summer lightning?

What's the recipe on summer lightning?
Can't remember where it came from, sub the Compass Schooner for MO.

OG 1,048 FG 1011 ABV 4.81 IBU 44.61 SRM 5.13 21 litres in fermenter.

5 kg Pale Compass Schooner
0.250 kg Gladiator Malt (sub for Carapils)

Mash @ 66 C for 60 mins
Boil for 60 mins
35 g Challenger 60 mins
15 g Styrian Gildings 10 mins
9 g Styrian Goldings Whirlpool
19 g Styrian Goldings Dry hop 4 days.

Full volume mash.

BJCP Guidelines.
Vital Statistics: OG: 1.038 – 1.053 IBUs: 20 – 45 FG: 1.006 – 1.012 SRM: 2 – 6 ABV: 3.8 – 5.0%

I do like a bitter finish and am known to wander off the path of BJCP guidelines, but as you can see, just snuck under the IBU's.

I do love a pikantus - get your hands on their korbinian if u can too :cool: and of course schneider & sohn aventinus - the daddy
Do you mean Weihenstephaner Korbinian? I've tried their wheat beer and it's one of the best.

I had a Schneider Weisse Aventinus for my birthday beer, lovely stuff! I based my last weizenbock on this one, but brewed it hotter for more banana.

Can't remember where it came from, sub the Compass Schooner for MO.

OG 1,048 FG 1011 ABV 4.81 IBU 44.61 SRM 5.13 21 litres in fermenter.

5 kg Pale Compass Schooner
0.250 kg Gladiator Malt (sub for Carapils)

Mash @ 66 C for 60 mins
Boil for 60 mins
35 g Challenger 60 mins
15 g Styrian Gildings 10 mins
9 g Styrian Goldings Whirlpool
19 g Styrian Goldings Dry hop 4 days.

Full volume mash.

BJCP Guidelines.
Vital Statistics: OG: 1.038 – 1.053 IBUs: 20 – 45 FG: 1.006 – 1.012 SRM: 2 – 6 ABV: 3.8 – 5.0%

I do like a bitter finish and am known to wander off the path of BJCP guidelines, but as you can see, just snuck under the IBU's.
Ahhh styrian goldings! it's been a long time since I have heard about them.

What is the style, pale ale?

On another note I think the low to mid 40s is a great ibu range. I tend to hit in the 30s for traditional styles but I always feel like the balance is a bit off there for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back